(Amended by Ordinance No. 181669, effective January 1, 2009.) This Chapter applies to all New Development throughout the City of Portland. The amount of the Parks and Recreation SDC shall be calculated according to this section, using the rates set forth in the SDC Methodology Report.
A. Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, a Parks and Recreation SDC shall be imposed upon all New Development for which an Application is filed on or after the effective date of this ordinance.
B. Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, Manufactured Housing shall be charged at the Manufactured Housing SDC rate.
C. The Applicant shall at the time of Application provide the Administrator with the information requested on an SDC application form regarding the previous and proposed use(s) of the property, including the following:
1. A description of each of the previous and proposed uses for the property for which the Permit is being sought--with sufficient detail to enable the City to calculate dwelling units and square footage for the entire property under the previous use and for the proposed use(s) of the New Development.
2. For residential uses--the number of residential dwellings, including type (i.e., single family, multi-family, etc.).
3. For non-residential uses--the square footage for each type of occupancy use type (i.e., office, retail, etc.).
D. Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, the amount of the SDC due shall be calculated by determining the dwelling units and/or square footage for the previous use(s) of the property and the dwelling units and/or square footage for all of the proposed use(s); calculating the total SDC for the previous use(s) and the proposed uses(s); and subtracting the total SDC for the previous use(s) from the total SDC for the proposed use(s) to arrive at the net Park SDC due.
E. Notwithstanding any other provision, the dollar amounts of the SDC set forth in the SDC Methodology Report are based on October 2007 values and shall be adjusted on January 2009 and thereafter annually on January 1st to account for changes in the costs of acquiring and constructing parks facilities. The adjustment factor shall be based on:
1. the percent change in average market value of residential and commercial land in the City, measured from October, 2007, annually, to the quarter prior to the rate change, according to the records of the Multnomah County Tax Assessor,
2. the portion of Rate Group growth costs for land identified in the SDC-CIP,
3. the percent change in average construction costs measured from October, 2007, annually, to the quarter prior to the rate change, according to the Engineering News Record (ENR) Northwest (Seattle, Washington) Construction Cost Index, and
4. the portion of Rate Group growth costs for development identified in the SDC-CIP,
The adjustment factor for each Rate Group shall be determined as follows:
Percent change in Land Value multiplied by the Rate Group’s Land Portion (percent)
+ Percent change in Construction Cost Index multiplied by the Rate Group’s Development Portion (percent)
= Park SDC Rate Group Adjustment Factor
The resulting Adjustment Factor shall be multiplied by the adopted SDC rates by Rate Group and added to the base charges.
F. Notwithstanding any other provision, the adjustment shall not exceed a total of 12 percent in any consecutive two-year period. This shall be calculated by dividing the proposed new rate by the rate of two years prior. If the resulting change is greater than 12 percent, the rate shall be set at 12 percent variance from the rate of two years prior