FY 2009-10 WINTER SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Link to Memorandum (PDF Document, 92 kb)
Link to Exhibits 1, 2, 3, and 4 (PDF Document, 1 MB)
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The City Council has received a memorandum from the Financial Planning Division of OMF summarizing the recommendations and consequent budget adjustments to be made during the FY 2009-10 Winter Supplemental Budget Process.
2. The memorandum identified programs, projects, or activities that required appropriation adjustment or transfer of appropriation within bureau budgets.
3. Exhibit 1, attached, includes all changes to the City appropriation schedule as a result of the Winter Supplemental Process.
4. Exhibit 2, attached, includes all position changes requiring Council approval.
5. Exhibit 3, attached, shows, for informational purposes, a reconciliation of changes to all funds.
6. Exhibit 4, attached, shows, for informational purposes, all requests materially affecting the General Fund.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2009-10 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended by adjusting appropriations for certain expenditures in various funds as indicated by the increases and decreases presented in Exhibit 1.
b. The number of authorized positions in the FY 2009-10 Adopted Budget is hereby amended as presented in Exhibit 2.
c. The Portland Housing Bureau is authorized to use 41 placeholder positions for the purpose of developing their FY 2010-11 budget. This authorization does not create position authority for FY 2009-10. Actual authority for the positions for FY 2010-11 will be accomplished via the adoption of the FY 2010-11 budget and/or other ordinance.
d. The additional appropriation to General Fund contingency in the amount of $2,852,584 that is identified in Exhibit 1 shall be set aside for purposes of balancing the FY 2010-11 budget and shall not be utilized in the current year except in the case of emergency declared by council.
e. Financial Planning shall adjust the General Fund forecast to account for the ongoing costs associated with conversion to permanent status of a limited-term position in the Office of Cable Communications and Franchise Management. The FY 2010-11 decision package for this position is hereby approved.
f. The actions amending the FY 2009-10 budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists in order that FY 2009-10 winter budget adjustments are implemented without delay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 183571, passed by City Council and effective March 3, 2010.