(Amended by Ordinance No. 185397, effective July 6, 2012.)
A. Public Works Administrative Appeals Panel (PWAAP).
1. The PWAAP shall consist of five members. No quorum is required for deliberation or decision.
a. The Panel shall include the three Development Division Managers or equivalent on the Bureaus of Transportation, Environmental Services, and Water or their designees.
b. Mayor Appointed Members.
(1) The Panel shall include one representative from the Development Review Advisory Committee (DRAC) and one from the City who has a strong interest or background in neighborhood land use and development activities. The Mayor may solicit nominations from the Chairs of the City’s Neighborhood Association Land Use Committees or, if an association has no land use chair, the Neighborhood Chair.
(2) The Mayor shall appoint a qualified member and an alternate for each member. The alternate shall attend meetings and vote when the member is unavailable. Appointed Panel members and alternates shall serve a term of two years. However at the creation of the PWAAP, the initial term one DRAC and a City at large member shall be for three years to stagger membership for continuity with appointed members. The Mayor shall appoint and may remove any member or alternate from the Panel at any time.
(3) Members of the Panel shall be public officials within the meaning of state and local laws pertaining to ethics.
(4) Appointed members of the PWAAP shall serve without compensation.
2. The PWAAP shall annually elect a Chairperson from among the three development division manager members of the Panel. Meetings of the PWAAP shall be held at the call of the Chairperson, who shall call meetings at the Public Works Permit Engineering Manager’s request.
B. Public Works Board of Appeals (PWBA).
1. The Board shall consist of three members: Chief Engineers from the Bureaus of Environmental Services and Water, and the City Engineer or their designees. Two members shall constitute a quorum.
2. The Board annually shall elect a Chairperson from among the three members of the Board. Meetings of the Board shall be held at the call of the Chairperson, who shall call meetings at the Public Works Permit Engineering Manager’s request.
C. Representation from the Bureaus of Fire, Parks and Recreation Forestry Division or Development Services may be called upon by the Public Works Permit Engineering Manager at any time to provide staff support related to appeals to be acted upon by the PWAAP or PWBA.