(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 182760 and 185397, effective July 6, 2012.)
A. Any person conducting business on the sidewalks of the City ofPortlandwith a valid permit issued under this Chapter may transport and/or display approved items or services upon any vending cart, under or subject to the following conditions:
1. The operating area shall not exceed 24 square feet of sidewalk which shall include the area of the vending cart, and, when externally located, the operator and trash receptacle.
2. The length of the vending cart shall not exceed 6 feet.
3. The height of the vending cart, excluding canopies, umbrellas, or transparent enclosures, shall not exceed 5 feet.
B. No person may conduct business on a sidewalk in any of the following places:
1. Within 10 feet of the intersection of the sidewalk with any other sidewalk except that the City Engineer may waive this restriction in writing for any location upon finding that construction of extra‑width sidewalks makes such use consistent with the standards established by Section 17.26.070.
2. Within 8 feet of the adjacent property line;
3. Within 10 feet of the extension of any building entrance or doorway, to the curb closest to the property line.
4. Within 10 feet of any handicapped parking space, or access ramp.
C. All persons conducting business on a sidewalk must display in a prominent and visible manner the permit issued by the City Engineer under the provisions of this Chapter and conspicuously post the price of all items sold.
D. All persons conducting business on a sidewalk must pick up any paper, cardboard, wood or plastic containers, wrappers, or any litter in any form which is deposited by any person on the sidewalk or street within 25 feet of the place of conducting business. Each person conducting business on a public sidewalk under the provisions of this Chapter shall carry a suitable container for placement of such litter by customers or other persons.
E. All person conducting business on a sidewalk shall obey any lawful order of a police officer to move to a different permitted location to avoid congestion or obstruction of the sidewalk or remove his vending cart entirely from the sidewalk if necessary to avoid such congestion or obstruction.
F. No person shall conduct business as defined herein at a location other than that designated on his permit.
G. No permittee shall make any loud or unreasonable noise of any kind by vocalization or otherwise for the purpose of advertising or attracting attention to his wares.
H. No permitted vending cart shall be left unattended on a sidewalk nor remain on the sidewalk between midnight and 6 a.m.
I. No permittee shall conduct business in violation of the provisions of any ordinance providing for a special event.