REFUNDS ON PERMITS ISSUED BY STREET SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Engineering & Development Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Situations sometimes occur when permits issued for work in the right of way are no longer needed. Either the structure is not built or is modified. In these cases, the permittee may request a refund for a portion of the permit fees.
II. Administrative Rule
1. The person requesting the refund submits a written request for the refund. The request must contain the following information:
a. The permittee’s name, address and phone numberb. Either their tax ID number or Social Security number (needed for processing the refund check)c. The permit number and locationd. The requested refund amount and reason for the request
2. When the refund request is for a permit that allows construction in the right of way, an inspector for the area will verify the claim.
3. Upon verification by an inspector, the request is processed accordingly. If the inspector indicates that the refund request is not valid, a letter will be sent indicating the reasons why the refund is denied.
4. Refunds are issued only if requested prior to the expiration date of the permits.
5. Refunds are not issued for permit application fees. These fees cover the cost of reviewing the application and are separate from permit fees.
6. For permits that do not require application fees, only that portion of the fee in excess of the minimum fee, or one unit fee, for that type of work will be refunded. The minimum fee covers the cost of reviewing the application and preparing the permit.
7. For underground storage tank decommissioning only, the refund will be 80% of the permit fee. The remaining 20% will cover the cost of reviewing the application and preparing the permit.
8. Where a Water Bureau review fee has been assessed, this fee is not refundable.
Pursuant to Rule Making Authority City Code 3.12.010
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 19, 2003