(Added by Ordinance No. 181507; amended by Ordinance No. 186575, effective July 1, 2014.)
A. A vehicle with an official State-issued “Wheelchair User” plate, placard, permit or decal, may park:
1. In any space designated for a vehicle with a “Wheelchair User” placard or decal for any amount of time (subject to on-street storage regulations);
2. In any metered or non-metered space with a designated time limit of 30 minutes or more for any amount of time without fee; or
3. In any metered or non-metered space with a designated time limit of less than 30 minutes for a period of time not to exceed the designated time limit with fee, if applicable.
4. In an Area Parking Permit Program Zone for any amount of time and without fee.
B. A vehicle with an official State-issued “Wheelchair User” plate, placard, permit or decal, may not;
1. Park in any space reserved for special types of vehicles or activities including, but not limited to, truck loading zones, carpool zones, no parking zones, and reserved zones.
C. Use of invalid disabled person parking permit; penalty.
1. A person commits the offense of use of an invalid disabled person parking permit if the person uses a permit that is not a valid permit from another jurisdiction, and that:
a. Has been previously reported as lost or stolen;
b. Has been altered;
c. Was issued to a person who is deceased at the time of the citation;
d. Has not been issued under ORS 811.602;
e. Is a photocopy or other reproduction of a permit, regardless of the permit status; or
f. Is mutilated or illegible.
D. Unlawful use of disabled person parking permit; penalty.
1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of a disabled person parking permit if the person:
a. Is not a person with a disability and is not transporting the holder of a disabled parking permit to or from the parking location; and
b. Uses a disabled parking permit described under ORS 811.602 or 811.606 to exercise any privileges granted under ORS 811.635,
E. Misuse of program placard; penalty.
1. A person commits the offense of misuse of a program placard if the person:
a. Is the driver of a vehicle that is being used as part of a program for the transportation of persons with disabilities; and
b. Uses a program placard described under ORS 811.607 for any purpose other than exercising privileges granted under ORS 811.637.