(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 185807, 186746 and 187060, effective March 25, 2015.)
A. The Office of Management and Finance shall be under the direction and control of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and shall include such other employees as Council may provide. The CAO shall report to the Mayor, but shall serve the entire Council, including providing information and advice to elected officials. The Office of Management and Finance is responsible for providing and coordinating administrative services of the City in support of the operational needs of City bureaus, and other duties as assigned. Administrative services include all those functions that provide products, services and support to City employees and programs that in turn provide direct services to the public. These services include, but are not limited to, the following: accounting, debt management, treasury management, payroll, grant administration, license, tax and fee collection, risk management, facilities and property management, fleet management, human resources and personnel services including employee training and education, technology services, printing and distribution, and procurement services.
B. The Office of Management and Finance consists of the Office of the CAO, the Bureau of Internal Business Services, the Bureau of Revenue and Financial Services, the Bureau of Human Resources, and the Bureau of Technology Services.
C. The CAO shall be responsible for the overall coordination of the administrative services functions of the City. The CAO shall be authorized to:
1. Formulate, approve and issue administrative rules and systems for providing City administrative services.
2. Implement and monitor administrative rules and systems for providing City administrative services.
3. Determine if any administrative service should be provided by City staff or outside vendors. Bureaus shall use the services of the Office of Management and Finance unless otherwise authorized by the CAO or directed by the City Council.
4. Determine the classifications, duties and reporting relationships for positions responsible for centralized administrative services including, but not limited to, human resources, procurement and technology services.
5. Recommend alternatives to Council for providing administrative services.
6. At Council direction, provide administrative services to any other governmental or private agency.
D. The CAO’s duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Evaluate the delivery of City administrative services; initiate improvements; and periodically report to Council on services and initiatives.
2. Provide the City Council with an annual workplan to improve city administrative services. The CAO will periodically meet with City Council to report on efforts to continually evaluate and improve all city administrative services, including those contained in the annual workplan.
3. Advise the Council and provide staff support to citywide projects and oversight committees including, but not limited to, technology oversight committees.
4. Participate with the City Budget Director, Mayor and City Council on City budget decisions, and ensure that information necessary to prepare the financial forecast is available to the City Budget Office.
E. The Office of the CAO shall be comprised of the Business Operations Division, the Enterprise Business Solution Division, a Policy Team, Spectator Facilities management, and Citywide projects assigned to the CAO.