A. No vehicle shall operate as an Executive Town Car Vehicle unless it has been certified by the Director and is affiliated with a permitted Executive Town Car Company and Executive Town Car Driver.
B. Vehicle Registration, Insurance, and Business License. A non-digital fax or photocopy of the vehicle’s registration and proof of insurance shall be kept in every Executive Town Car Vehicle, pursuant to ORS 806.011.
C. Identification of Executive Town Car Vehicles. Every Executive Town Car Vehicle shall meet the following identification requirements to operate as an Executive Town Car Vehicle:
1. Upon successful completion of the Executive Town Car Company permit application process and payment of required fees as outlined in Chapter 16.40, the Director will issue a vehicle identification decal bearing a bar code and the City Seal for each certified Executive Town Car Vehicle.
2. Executive Town Car decals are valid for a period of no more than 12 months from the date of issuance, and all decals expire on the same day as the expiration of the affiliated Executive Town Car Company permit. Fees for decals that are not issued contemporaneously with an Executive Town Car Company permit will be prorated to equal the cost of the number of months remaining until the Executive Town Car Company permit expires.
3. Executive Town Car decals must be affixed to the vehicle’s front and back window in a manner outlined by administrative rule.
4. Executive Town Car decals that are intentionally destroyed or damaged by an Executive Town Car Company or Executive Town Car Driver prior to renewal and without the City’s authorization are not subject to renewal.
5. Voided Executive Town Car Vehicle decals are not renewable in the year following their voidance. Once an Executive Town Car Vehicle decal is voided, an Executive Town Car Company may not renew that decal and instead must complete the initial application process if the Executive Town Car Company seeks a decal for that Executive Town Car Vehicle.
6. Executive Town Car Vehicle decals issued by the Director shall not be leased, sold, transferred or assigned in any manner.
7. Executive Town Car Vehicle decals issued by the Director that are not returned to the City within 21 days upon revocation or upon a failure to renew are considered conversion of City property and is an actionable offense in a court of competent jurisdiction.
D. The consumption any intoxicant or smoking of any substance shall be prohibited in any Executive Town Car Vehicle.
E. Vehicle Operating Conditions. In determining whether an Executive Town Car Vehicle meets the vehicle condition requirements, the vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good repair and appearance, which includes the following:
1. All Executive Town Car Vehicle equipment and devices shall be properly equipped and maintained in good working order;
2. At all times, Executive Town Car Vehicles shall include the following properly functioning components: a horn, lights, (including turn signals, back-up signals and interior lights) windshield wipers, windshield washers, interior/dome lights, heating/air conditioning systems, odometer, speedometer and mufflers, tail pipes or other exhaust components that prevent unnecessary noise and smoke emissions;
3. The Executive Town Car Vehicle body shall be free of major damage and broken or cracked equipment, including but not limited to, windows, lights, light covers, top light and reflectors;
4. Executive Town Car Vehicles shall be free of dirt, grease, grime, glue or tape. This shall apply to the vehicle’s paint, upholstery, windows, floorboard and integrated parts of the vehicle’s body;
5. The Executive Town Car Vehicle shall include no missing nor makeshift parts for vehicles, including but not limited to, fenders, hood, trunk lid, doors, door handles, windows, chrome or rubber strips, upholstery, ashtrays, or carpeting; and shall not be equipped with studded tires while providing Executive Town Car Services;
6. Safe condition shall require that the vehicle is in compliance with the standards contained in ORS Title 59, Oregon Vehicle Code, Chapters 801 through 823.
F. Mandatory Compliance. Executive Town Car Vehicles shall be made available for compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.