A. Transferring Credentials. Transferring Shuttle Driver or Shuttle Vehicle credentials from one driver or vehicle to another shall be prohibited.
B. Shuttle Drivers shall carry a non-digital fax or photocopy proof of company insurance pursuant to ORS 806.011 and a copy of vehicle registration at all times while operating as a Shuttle Driver. Upon request of the Director or law enforcement officer, Shuttle Drivers shall present proof of a valid Shuttle primary automobile insurance policy and vehicle registration.
C. Portland Business License. Shuttle Drivers shall carry documentation of a City of Portland Business License as required by Chapter 7.02 at all times while operating as a Shuttle Driver.
D. Driver Conduct. No Shuttle Driver shall:
1. Allow another person to use his/her Shuttle Driver certification;
2. Drive or allow another person to drive a Shuttle Vehicle without a valid driver’s license while the vehicle is being used to provide Shuttle Services;
3. Operate any Shuttle Vehicle while consuming, or while under the influence of intoxicants, or in a careless or reckless manner or in a manner contrary to the laws of the City of Portland or the State of Oregon;
4. Operate any for-hire transportation vehicle if impaired by any legally-prescribed or over-the-counter drugs or medications;
5. Use a vehicle in the commission of any crime;
6. Use or broadcast profane or obscene language offensive to the passenger while operating a for-hire transportation vehicle;
7. Consume any intoxicant or smoke of any substance while operating a Shuttle Vehicle;
8. Allow any passenger to consume an intoxicant or smoke any inside a Shuttle Vehicle;
9. Defraud a passenger in any way;
10. Be discourteous to a passenger;
11. Refuse to issue a fully completed receipt, in digital or paper form, for a fare paid if one is requested;
12. Drive Shuttle Vehicles on a route or time schedule other than fixed route and time schedule of the Shuttle Company, as approved by the Director;
13. Operate any Shuttle Vehicle while using a mobile communications device without a hands-free accessory as defined in ORS 811.507(1);
14. Refuse to Shuttle Services to any passenger of proper demeanor whose request for service has been accepted by the Shuttle Company or Shuttle Driver along the fixed route and time schedule of the Shuttle Company, as approved by the Director, and;
15. Provide private for-hire transportation after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
E. Maximum hours of driving. No person shall provide private for-hire transportation services after driving more than 12 hours in any given 24-hour period.
F. Street-Hails, Taxi Stands, Hotel Zones and Loading/Unloading Zones.
1. A Shuttle Driver may accept street-hails, to include from hotel zones, received along the fixed route of the Shuttle Company as approved by the Director.
2. Other than for drop off along the Shuttle Company’s fixed route and time schedule, a Shuttle Driver may not park a Shuttle Vehicle in a Hotel Zone or Loading/Unloading Zone prior to 15 minutes before pick up for a dispatch or request for service. The dispatch call/request for service must be documented in accordance to Subsection 16.40.440 K.1. and available for review by the Director or law enforcement officer;
G. Mandatory Compliance. Shuttle Drivers shall submit to compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.
H. Driver Reporting. Every Shuttle Driver shall report any of the following events to the Director and to all affiliated Shuttle Companies within 24 hours of its occurrence:
1. Any arrest, charge, or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense, or any traffic violation, that occurs during, or arises out of, the driver’s operation of a for-hire transportation vehicle;
2. Any arrest, charge or conviction of the driver for any criminal offense involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, or prostitution;
3. Any vehicle crash required to be reported to the State of Oregon involving any vehicle operated as for-hire transportation by the driver; and
4. Any restriction, suspension or revocation of the driver’s motor vehicle driver’s license.
I. Suspension or Revocation of Certified Shuttle Drivers. If a Shuttle certification is suspended or revoked by the Director, the affiliated Shuttle Company shall be notified by the Director. Shuttle Drivers and Vehicles without current, valid certification by the Director shall not be allowed to operate as a Shuttle Driver.