A. No vehicle shall operate as a LPT Vehicle unless it has been certified by the Director and is affiliated with a permitted LPT Company and LPT Driver.
B. Vehicle Registration, Insurance, and Business License. A non-digital fax or photocopy of the vehicle’s registration and proof of insurance shall be kept in every LPT Vehicle, pursuant to ORS 806.011.
C. Identification of LPT Vehicles. Every LPT Vehicle shall meet the following identification requirements to operate as a LPT Vehicle:
1. Every Party Bus Vehicle and Tour Bus Vehicle must prominently display on both sides of the vehicle the following information:
a. The full name of the Party Bus Company or Tour Bus Company;
b. The company-assigned Party Bus Vehicle or Tour Bus Vehicle number;
c. The telephone number of that Party Bus Company or Tour Bus Company where services can be requested; and
2. Trade Dress Signage is required for each Limousine Vehicle in operation. The Trade Dress Signage shall be clearly visible from the front and rear of the vehicle from a distance of 20 feet and shall be placed on the interior or exterior of vehicle body, but not on the roof and shall not obscure any of the driver’s views, vehicle lights, or obscure the view of any mirrors, and cannot exceed four square feet.
3. Upon successful completion of the LPT Company permit application process and payment of required fees as outlined in Chapter 16.40, the Director will issue a vehicle identification decal bearing a bar code and the City Seal for each certified LPT Vehicle.
4. LPT decals are valid for a period of no more than 12 months from the date of issuance, and all decals expire on the same day as the expiration of the affiliated LPT Company permit. Fees for decals that are not issued contemporaneously with a LPT Company permit will be prorated to equal the cost of the number of months remaining until the LPT Company permit expires.
5. LPT decals must be affixed to the vehicle’s front and back window in a manner outlined by administrative rule.
6. LPT decals that are intentionally destroyed or damaged by a LPT Company or prior to renewal and without the City’s authorization are not subject to renewal.
7. Voided LPT Vehicle decals are not renewable in the year following their voidance. Once an LPT Vehicle decal is voided, an LPT Company may not renew that decal and instead must complete the initial application process if the LPT Company seeks a decal for that LPT Vehicle.
8. LPT Vehicle decals issued by the Director shall not be leased, sold, transferred or assigned in any manner.
9. LPT Vehicle decals issued by the Director that are not returned to the City within 21 days upon revocation or upon a failure to renew are considered conversion of City property and is an actionable offense in a court of competent jurisdiction.
D. The consumption any intoxicant or smoking of any substance shall be prohibited in any LPT Vehicle.
E. Vehicle Operating Conditions. In determining whether an LPT Vehicle meets the vehicle condition requirements, the vehicle shall at all times be maintained in good repair and appearance, which includes the following:
1. All LPT Vehicle equipment and devices shall be properly equipped and maintained in good working order;
2. At all times, LPT Vehicles shall include the following properly functioning components: a horn, lights, (including turn signals, back-up signals and interior lights) windshield wipers, windshield washers, interior/dome lights, heating/air conditioning systems, odometer, speedometer and mufflers, tail pipes or other exhaust components that prevent unnecessary noise and smoke emissions;
3. The LPT Vehicle body shall be free of major damage and broken or cracked equipment, including but not limited to, windows, lights, light covers, top light and reflectors;
4. LPT Vehicles shall be free of dirt, grease, grime, glue or tape. This shall apply to the vehicle’s paint, upholstery, windows, floorboard and integrated parts of the vehicle’s body;
5. The LPT Vehicle shall include no missing nor makeshift parts for vehicles, including but not limited to, fenders, hood, trunk lid, doors, door handles, windows, chrome or rubber strips, upholstery, ashtrays, or carpeting; and shall not be equipped with studded tires while providing LPT Services, and;
6. Safe condition shall require that the vehicle is in compliance with the standards contained in ORS Title 59, Oregon Vehicle Code and Chapters 801 through 823.
G. Mandatory Compliance. LPT Vehicles shall be made available for compliance audits and enforcement actions upon request by the Director or law enforcement officers pursuant to Chapter 16.40.