A. LPT Driver Certification. The LPT Company shall regularly provide a list of applicant drivers affiliated with the permitted LPT Company for Director certification that drivers meet all requirements pursuant to Chapter 16.40, on a form approved by the Director. Drivers shall be certified by the Director and affiliated with a certified LPT Vehicle prior to being operating a LPT Vehicle. Drivers not meeting all required conditions shall not be certified and will not be allowed to operate as a LPT Driver. LPT companies shall provide a current list to the Director as changes occur.
B. Term of Certified LPT Driver. Certifications for LPT Drivers provided by a LPT Company to the Director shall be valid for one year from the date of the initial certification. The affiliated LPT Company shall provide a re-certification to the Director within one month prior to the certification expiration on a form approved by the Director.
C. Application Process. Applications for LPT Driver certification shall be made directly to an affiliated LPT Company. The LPT Company will regularly provide to the Director LPT Driver and Vehicle Application Lists, pursuant to certification requirements, that the vehicle meets all requirements before the driver may operate a LPT Driver on a form approved by the Director.
D. LPT Driver Criminal and Driving Background Checks. A local and national criminal background check and driving history review of all drivers shall be conducted annually on behalf of the affiliated LPT Company by a third party accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners that shall include:
1. Multi-State/Multi-Jurisdiction Criminal Records Locator or other similar commercial nationwide database with validation (primary source search); and
2. All motor vehicle records associated with the applicant driver available pursuant to records laws of each state.
3. Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Registry
E. LPT Driver Criminal and Driving History Disqualifications. A driver will not be certified as a LPT Driver and cannot provide LPT Services if any of the following conditions exist:
1. The applicant has a felony conviction of any kind in the 10 years, based on the conviction date, preceding the submission of the application;
2. The applicant has a felony conviction involving physical harm or attempted physical harm to a person, regardless of when the conviction occurred;
3. The applicant is a match in the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Registry
4. During the 5-year period preceding the submission of the application, based on the conviction date, the applicant has been convicted of any criminal offense involving:
a. any misdemeanor involving theft, robbery, burglary, assault, sex crimes, drugs, prostitution, or weapons; or
b. any traffic crime, including but not limited to: driving under the influence of intoxicants, reckless driving, attempt to elude a police officer, or leaving the scene of an injury accident;
5. During the 3-year period preceding the submission of the initial application, the applicant had greater than 5 traffic violations as defined in ORS 801.557; greater than five serious traffic violations as defined in ORS 801.477; greater than five motor vehicle accidents that are required to be reported to the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to ORS 811.720; or, greater than five of any combination of serious traffic violations or motor vehicle accidents as provided above;
6. During the 3-year period preceding the filing of the initial application, the applicant’s driving privileges were suspended or revoked by any governing jurisdiction as a result of a driving-related incident.
7. The applicant has two or more traffic violations as defined in ORS 801.557 of any kind within the previous 12 months from the date of the application;
8. During a 3-year period preceding the filing of the application, the applicant’s PFHT driving privileges were revoked by the Director;
9. The applicant does not have at least one year’s worth of continuous driving experience in a United States jurisdiction immediately prior to the date of the application’s submission;
10. The applicant is less than 21 years old; or
11. The applicant is unable to obtain car insurance for any reason.
12. All LPT Driver Criminal and Driving Histories are subject to review by the Director.
F. LPT Driver Training. LPT Drivers shall successfully complete Director approved trainings within 30 days of LPT Driver certification by the Director in each of the following subject areas:
1. Relevant City Code provisions and Administrative Rules;
2. Vision Zero principles of traffic safety; and
3. Portland-area attractions; and
4. Customer Service
G. Insurance Requirements. All LPT Drivers affiliated with a LPT Company shall maintain current, valid personal automobile insurance that meets the State of Oregon requirements.
H. Business License Requirements. All LPT Drivers affiliated with a LPT Company shall comply with all provisions of the Business License Law, Chapter 7.02 prior to operating a LPT Vehicle. Any LPT Driver without a valid City of Portland Business License cannot be certified as a LPT Driver and will not be allowed to operate as a LPT Driver until such Business License is obtained.
I. LPT Driver Re-certification. The LPT Company shall provide a list of applicant drivers for re-certification to the Director within one month prior to the LPT Driver certification expiration, on a form approved by the Director. Applicant drivers shall meet all conditions and be consistent with LPT Driver certification requirements pursuant to Sections 16.40.670 and 16.40.680. Drivers not meeting all such conditions will not be re-certified as a LPT Driver and shall not be allowed to provide LPT Services.
J. Suspension or Revocation of Certified LPT Drivers. If a LPT certification is suspended or revoked by the Director, the affiliated LPT Company shall be notified by the Director. LPT Drivers and Vehicles without current, valid certification by the Director shall not be allowed to operate as a LPT Driver.