ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR MONITORING ACCESS STRUCTURES
Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureau of Environmental Services Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 903 kb). What follows is the Table of Contents and an excerpt from the administrative rules:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
4. Regulatory Authority
5. Triggers for the Requirement to Install a Monitoring Access Structure
6. Monitoring Access Structure Minimum Requirements
7. Maintenance of Monitoring Access Structure and Equipment
8. Special Requirements
9. Requirements For Upgrading Sampling Structures at Existing Regulated Facilities
10. Requirements Triggered by Development, Redevelopment, or Tenant Improvements
11. Variance Requests
12. Administrative Review and Appeal
Appendix A — Background Information
Appendix B — Standard and Typical Details
These are administrative rules for the Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Pollution Prevention Services (PPS) Group. For background information and additional guidance regarding this rule, see the Appendices.
These rules apply to new and existing users that introduce, or are expected to introduce upon commencement of operations, pollutants into the public sewer from any non-domestic source.
The purpose of these rules is to define the structural, functional, operational, and location requirements for required monitoring access structures that must be installed and maintained by certain users. The intent is to ensure that a user who is required to construct a monitoring access structure does so in a manner that guarantees access by City personnel for the safe and discreet collection of representative samples.
Adopted by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services September 16, 2016.
Filed for inclusion in PPD September 19, 2016.