INVESTIGATION OF IMPROPER USE OF AREA PARKING PERMIT PROGRAM RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code section 16.20.860 A., Violation and Enforcement, a permitted vehicle which is parked in accordance with posted Area Permit Parking Program signing and in accordance with parking regulations generally is permitted to be parked in excess of the visitor parking time limit.
2. An area-parking permit does not allow parking in any restricted parking zones. Display of an area parking permit decal does not convey any privileges other than that of exceeding the posted visitor time limit.
3. The Permit Holder is responsible for all improper use of any assigned permit decal(s), unless previously reported as lost or stolen.
4. A citation may be issued if an unauthorized permit is displayed on a vehicle.
5. Improper use of a decal by will result in cancellation of that permit decal for a period of 12 months. Improper use of a permit decal within a 24-month period will additionally render an otherwise eligible resident or business disqualified from purchasing and Area Parking Program Permit for two (2) subsequent permit years.
6. Decisions of the City traffic Engineer regarding the revocation or refusal to issue permit may be appealed to Code Hearings Officer according to the provisions of Title 22 of the Portland City Code.
7. All fees will be forfeited in the event of revocation.
8. A fine of $150 will be assessed for each violation of the code regarding use of permit decals. This fine is payable and due within 30 days following notification of the violation. No additional permits will be issued to the permit holder until all fines have been paid.
9. As documented above.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.11)