GOVERNMENT PARKING PERMIT RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code Section 16.20.650, a government-parking permit allows a vehicle displaying the permit to park in any area designated by the permit.
2. Permits are used to accomplish official Government business that could not be accomplished without a special parking permit. They are not intended to serve as substitutes for off-street parking or to make ordinary parking simply more convenient.
3. Applicant must provide explanation of type of service provided and the reason special permit is necessary.
4. The Permit may contain the following rules:
a) The permit must be clearly displayed in the lower center of windshield when service is performed. This permit remains the property of the City of Portland and must be surrendered upon demand by any authorized officer.b) Permits are issued to government owned vehicles. If special circumstances require the use of private vehicle, the written explanation is required in the application.c) It is unlawful to display this permit in any vehicle other than that for which it is issued, and then only when the vehicle is parked as specified above. This permit may not be used in addition to metered time.d) If permit is lost or stolen, there is a $15 replacement charge per permit.
5. Permit legends will vary to meet a variety of needs. All restrictions/conditions of the permit must be observed.
6. There is a $30 charge per permit.
7. In addition to any penalty imposed by the court as a result of a citation, violations of this permit will be penalized as follows:
a) 2nd violation: 10 days suspension of permitb) 3rd violation: 30 days suspension of permitc) 4th violation: revocation of permit
8. Failure to surrender a suspended permit within 10 days of the date notification of suspension will result in cancellation of that permit for the remainder of the year.
9. Continued noncompliance may result in an examination of whether future permits will be issued.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.06)