DELIVERY SERVICE PARKING PERMIT RULES
Administrative Rule Adopted by Bureau of Transportation Systems Management Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
1. As authorized by Code Section 16.20.630, a delivery service permit allows parking in any area designated by permit.
2. A permit may be issued to a licensed messenger service with the following rules:
a) Permitted vehicle may occupy a 15 minute metered space for not more than 5 minutes, and any other metered space for not more than 20 minutes without payment fee.b) Permitted vehicle may also occupy truck-loading zones for a maximum of 15 minutes (subject to trucking loading aggregate time).c) The permit must also be clearly displayed in lower center of windshield when pickup or delivery is performed. Permanent or magnetic signs with the name of the company in letters at least 2 inches high must be displayed on the left sides of the vehicle while using the Permit (vinyl signs approved by Sign Committee are acceptable).d) The Permit remains the Property of the City of Portland and must be surrendered upon demand by any authorized dealer.e) The Permit may not be used in addition to time on the meter.f) If permit is lost or stolen, there is a $15 replacement charge per permit.
3. Permits may be issued by mail only.
4. A fee will be charged for this permit. Permits are issued for the calendar year and fees are prorated based on purchase dates as follows:
a) 1/1-3/31 = 150.00b) 4/1-6/30 = 112.50c) 7/1-9/30 = 75.00d) 10/1-12/31 = 37.50
5. In addition to any penalty imposed by the court as a result of a citation, violations of this permit will be penalized as follows:
a) 2nd violation: 10 days suspension of permitb) 3rd violation: 30 days suspension of permitc) 4th violation: revocation of permit
6. Failure to surrender a suspended permit within 10 days of the date notification of suspension will result in cancellation of that permit for the remainder of the year.
7. Continued noncompliance can result in examination of whether future permits will be issued.
Filed for inclusion in PPD December 5, 2003.
(Re-indexed by City Auditor October 2005 - formerly indexed as BCP-TRN-3.08)