It's time for the 2010 Holiday Safety House!
On Wednesday, December 1, 2010, a home in North Portland will open it's doors to citizens to provide a visual and interactive "one-stop shopping" experience for the top holiday safety tips.
Organized and sponsored by local prevention and "Safe Kids" experts, citizens will be invited to attend and watch demonstrations on common home holiday hazards. Injury prevention experts will also be available to provide holiday safety advice. Details are below.
Wednesday, December 1st, 2010
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
2224 North Willamette, Portland OR 97217
Safety experts (Nurses, Public Health Professionals, Paramedics, Firefighters, and PIOs) from American Medical Response, Sandy and Boring Fire Districts, TVF&R, Clackamas Fire, Portland Fire and Rescue, OHSU, Legacy Health Systems, Oregon Burn Center, Oregon Poison Center, DHS, and ODOT will be available to demonstrate the top holiday hazards and safety tips.
- Wheeled Winter Sports – OHSU ThinkFirst and Legacy
- Toy Safety – Dana Hargunani, Doernbecher Hospital Pediatrician
- Winter Driving – ODOT, ACTS and Oregon Impact
- Cooking Fires – Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue
- Fall Prevention – AMR
- Candle Fires – Sandy Fire and Boring Fire
- Christmas Tree Safety – Clackamas Fire
- Burn Prevention – Legacy Oregon Burn Center
- Poison Prevention - Oregon Poison Center
- Carbon Monoxide Safety – Portland Fire & Rescue
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
November 29, 2010