Grilled Pineapple and Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe Courtesy of Portland Lieutenant Matthew Silva, Special Ops
- 1 (8 ounce can) In Juice Pineapple Drained, Juice Reserved
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Honey Mustard
- 2 (4 ounce) Skinless Chicken Breast Halves Boneless
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper(s) Thinly Sliced Into Rings
- 2 Multi-grain Hamburger Rolls Split
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey mustard with 1 tablespoon pineapple juice.
- Place chicken and pineapple slices on rack coated with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken and pineapple slices with mustard mix.
- Grill or broil the chicken breasts and pineapple slices 2 minutes per side, brushing both sides when turning with mustard mix.
- Continue broiling until chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF. (Remove pineapple slices if chicken is not cooked through if pineapple is getting too brown.)
- Serve the chicken on multi-grain sandwich rolls, topped with pineapple slices and red bell pepper rings.
- Calories 386
- Total Fat 5 g
- Saturated Fat N/A
- Sodium 478 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 51 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 35 g