Update- Due to yesterdays tragic events at Clackamas Town Center, this event has been cancelled. You can still find the resources below online or by phone. Have a safe holiday season!
On Wednesday, December 12, 2012, a home in North Portland will open its doors to the media to provide a visual and interactive "one-stop shopping" experience demonstrating the top holiday hazards and how to avoid them.
Organized and sponsored by local injury prevention experts and public safety personnel; the media will be invited to attend and watch demonstrations on common home holiday hazards. Experts will also be available to provide holiday safety advice. Details are below.
Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
9:00 am to 12:30 pm
2224 North Willamette, Portland OR 97217
- Wheeled Winter Sports – Trauma Nurses Talk Tough (TNTT)-Simone Carter
- Toy Safety – Tom Sargent Safety Store-Marianne Bridwell-Chapman
- Winter Driving – Oregon Department of Transportation-Kristie Gladhill
- Cooking Fires –Portland Fire & Rescue-Damon Simmons
- Fall Prevention – American Medical Response (AMR) and the Metro Area Safe Kids Coalition (safekids.org)-Lucie Drum
- Candle Fires – Sandy Fire District-Alice Bush
- Christmas Tree Safety –Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue-Tim Nokes
- Burn Prevention – Legacy Oregon Burn Center-Curtis Ryun
- Poison Prevention – Oregon Health & Science University, Oregon Poison Center-Lisbeth Ward-Fowler