Today, the newly rebuilt station in the shadow of the Hawthorne Bridge celebrated its grand openingRead More…
55 SW Ash Street, Portland, OR 97204
On December 18th 2012 Portland Fire & Rescue celebrated the donation of an antique American LaFrance Pumper. The Engine was originally purchased new by PF&R in 1918 and served at Station 19 (Mt.Tabor).
The Engine was used for many years, but was retired in the early 1950's and acquired at auction by Don Letson for approximately $295 in 1952.
The Letson family maintained the pumper for over 60 years and worked to restore it to its original condition. Now the old engine has come home.
Images Courtesy of Something Blue Photography