Story by Sophia Kecskes
Summer's almost over, but there's still a weekend to enjoy all of the great events the Summer Free for All has to offer!
Whether you'd rather swim in a pool, listen to music, or relax on a blanket and watch a movie, there's something for you this weekend.
Beginning Wednesday, and lasting through the Labor Day weekend, these fun activities provide ample opportunity for Portlanders all over town to enjoy the waning days of Summer.
(For exact addresses, visit the PP&R website.)
- Hillstomp: Bucket and slide rock at Dawson Park, 6:30 pm, Wednesday, August 31
- The Midnight Serenaders: Vintage swing at Ventura Park, 6 pm, Wednesday, August 31
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 with pre-movie entertainment by the Portland Teen Idols: Columbia Park, Thursday, September 1
- Roman Holiday with pre-movie fun from the Bobby Torres Trio: Director Park, Friday, September 2
- Gulliver's Travels with pre-movie music from the Beaver Boogie Band: Wallace Park, Saturday, September 3
Rock Climbing Wall
- Columbia Park, Thursday, September 1, 5 - 9 pm
Free Open Play Swim Sessions
- Wednesday, August 31: Grant Pool from 1:15 - 3:15, Columbia Pool from 2:10 - 3:50, and Sellwood Pool from 7:20 - 8:50
- Thursday, September 1: Peninsula Pool from 1:00 - 2:55
- Friday, September 2: Montavilla Pool from 1:00 - 2:30, Pier Pool from 1:30 - 5:30