The Office of Equity and Human Rights’ Bureau Advisory Committee (BAC) was formed in January 2013 and is comprised of three City of Portland staff and 17 members of Portland’s diverse communities.OEHR meets with the Bureau Advisory Committee (BAC), to assist with budget review and presentation to City Council. The BAC also advises the work of the bureau on an on-going basis.
Next Committee Meeting:
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Location: 421 SW 6th Ave. Suite 500 Portland, OR 97204
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Click Here for Agenda
The Office of Equity and Human Rights validates parking for all community members attending Human Rights Commission sessions. Please use only the Star Park Garage, located just one block south from the Office on SW Alder St between SW Broadway and SW 6th Ave. The entrance to the garage is on SW Alder.
The Office of Equity and Human Rights is wheelchair accessible.
Bureau Advisory Committee
- Recommend policy direction for OEHR and the Commissioner in charge by:
- Advising OEHR regarding policies and strategies to most effectively meet equity goals in the city.
- Support to the work of OEHR by:
- Establishing and representing the communities’ priorities for OEHR.
- Partnering in and raising awareness of and encouraging support for OEHR.
- Supporting the goals of OEHR and the commissions, programs, and initiatives housed in the bureau for the common purpose of assuring equitable access to and service from all bureaus in the City of Portland.
- Contribute to the development and presentation of a budget that is responsive to achieving the equity goals of the City by:
- Reviewing current service levels and determining if they should be continued or changed, including allocation of resources.
- Identifying OEHR objectives and prioritizing budget items that need funding.
- Advocating for adequate resources from city council.