The purpose of the Public Involvement Advisory Council (PIAC) is to:
- Develop guidelines and policy recommendations for citywide public involvement, to be presented to City Council for approval.
- Provide support and advice to City Council and City bureaus with implementation of shared public involvement guidelines and best practices.
- Encourage ongoing collaboration between the community, City bureaus and City Council in the development of shared public involvement guidelines
The Public Involvement Best Practices Program provides staffing for PIAC. The PIAC is comprised of 34 members, from both City bureaus and the community. PIAC meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 5:30 to 8 PM. Meetings are held at Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Ave.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
5:30 - 8:00 PM
Lovejoy Room, City Hall - 2nd floor
1221 SW 4th Ave.
5:30 Food and conversation
5:45 Welcome, check-in, and changes to the agenda
5:50 Announcements and business
- Member announcements and public comment
- Review and approve meeting notes
6:10 Updates, discussion, and decision making
- Strengthening and expanding public involvement work
- Multi-jurisdictional opportunities
- FIPIS/ revised Impact Statement form update
- Workgroup updates and discussion
- Digital Engagement/Notification/Comp Plan Manual Workgroup
- Boards and Advisory Committees Workgroup
- Social and Organizational Development Workgroup
7:00 Workgroup Breakouts
- Continue working on projects and deliverables
- Dinner provided by Thai Chili Jam: Pineapple red curry with chicken, pra ram with vegetables and chicken, pumpkin curry with vegetables and tofu, and rice. All dishes are gluten free.
- Parking validated for Smart Park garages (closest is at SW 1st & SW Jefferson)
- Transit passes available
View a power point with PIAC's progress to date.