Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

Neighborhood Involvement

Building inclusive, safe and livable neighborhoods and communities.

ONI Main: 503-823-4519

City/County Info: 503-823-4000

TDD: 503-823-6868

1221 SW 4th Ave, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97204

August 8, 2005 Meeting Notes for BIP #7: Customer Service

 
DRAFT
 
BUREAU INNOVATION PROJECT  #7
Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2005
 
 
Introductions:            
      • New member Jeremy Van Keuren representing the Mayor’s office.
      • Michael Mock is going to OMF, but will continue to serve on the Committee.
                                   
Minutes:
No changes to minutes
 
Webmaster:
Art Alexander from BTS will serve as Team #7 Webmaster.
 
Customer Service Survey:
  • Cindy Dietz handed out the draft of the Customer Service Survey.
  • Discussion by committee on content and changes
  • The committee agreed to send out the draft to all Team #7 members asking for edits, format and other changes with a deadline of 3:00pm on 8/8/05
      • Goal is to send the survey out to Bureau Directors 8/9/05          
 
Customer Service Expectations:
Committee approved final draft
 
Staff Workplace Aspirations:
Committee approved final draft
 
Team #7 Presentation:
Bonnie, Carol, Michael will give presentation to BIP Implementation Team on 9/1/05 .  (Subsequent to our meeting, this was reschedule to Oct. 6 in order to provide more time to prepare and respond o the survey.)
 
Website:
Our web page is now up.  If you see anything that needs changes to website, contact:   Bonnie, Carol, Art, or Michael Mills
 
Discussion on customer (citizen) survey on web:
        • Where best to place it?  Options for different bureaus.  Response to bureau survey will help guide us.
        • Check with Auditor’s Office: Michael Mills will make contact with Auditor Service’s staff to provide information on their survey and how we might wish to proceed. 
        • Drummond Kahn will be invited to visit with Team #7 for ideas.(He is out of office, but someone should come.)           
        • Standardization:
 
Community Governance:
 
John Dutt
Spoke about the Team #7 and Community Governance:
     Need to have community involvement/input
How, when will we accomplish this? 
Michael Mills:
Do we make contact with public and seek input?
Should this come from Mayor?
John Dutt:
We should make contact with the public, then take recommendations to the Mayor.
M. Mock:
Survey citizens on their thoughts of the work we have done so far         
Art:
Post on web and get feedback via web
Beery:
Can we put citizen volunteers on our committee?
(We can add a few more members to the team.)
Art:
More feedback/input the better
Discussed other options for feedback: mailers, inserts, etc.
Cindy:
Align city services with citizen wants – not just the activist community
John:
Should we have some “front-line” staff attending our meetings?
General discussion followed
Committee agreed to add several front-line citizens to the committee.
Team members (each one) needs to provide 1 to 3 names of front-line staff members to Michael Mills by 8/15/05.  Let him know which one is your recommendation for the Committee.
 
Next Steps:
·        Provide alternatives for BIP Implementation Team Meeting.                         (10/6 accepted)
·        Need for citizen review
·        Have Drummond Kahn attend next meeting
 
 
Next Meeting:  Next Meeting is scheduled for August 22
Labor Day meeting on September 5 is cancelled. 
September 19 will be only September meeting.