The Northeast Broadway business district runs along NE Broadway and Weidler from Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard to 33rd Avenue, bordering six neighborhoods. The area contains 300 small to medium businesses with some larger employers around Lloyd Center. After 4 years of enormous growth and change, the Northeast Broadway Business Association has created a strong foundation for neighborhood success:
- Membership increased 160% to over 100 businesses, bringing new leaders and creative ideas to strengthen the association.
- A new logo and tagline – Everything for Everyday – branded the district’s unique mix of businesses. And a dynamic new website – nebroadway.com – highlights the area.
- Two signature events – Lights on Broadway and the Summer Super Sale – expanded significantly, setting records for both sales and customers. Last year’s Ladies Night Out holiday shopping event was a huge hit and the 2012 Summer Super Sale increased revenue and average of 135% for participants.
- NEBBA reached out to property owners and managers, recognizing that they are vital partners in the district’s long-term success.
- NEBBA also invested in the community, strengthening ties to each other as well as the surrounding neighborhoods and residents. Working with multiple neighborhood associations and other stakeholders, NEBBA helped shape the N/NE Quadrant Plan to ensure future success.
- Last, but certainly not least, NEBBA Board and committee members donated 1000+ hours to the district this year – on top of the time they spend ensuring their own business continues to thrive.