February 26, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Portland Bureau of Transportation
Pedestrian Advisory Committee seeks new members
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Bureau of Transportation announced today it’s seeking new members for the Pedestrian Advisory Committee. The PAC advises the City of Portland – particularly the Transportation Bureau – on matters that encourage and enhance walking as a means of transportation, recreation, wellness and environmental enhancement.
The PAC has from nine to 15 members who represent a cross-section of Portlanders, including walking and mobility advocates, neighborhood activists, environmental design professionals and citizens-at-large.
The PAC meets the third Tuesday each month in the evening at City Hall. Members are appointed to a 4-year term. PAC member activities include, but are not limited to, reviewing and making recommendations on:
- planning documents affecting pedestrians,
- pedestrian projects,
- projects with pedestrian facilities,
- funding priorities for pedestrian-related projects,
- activities of other jurisdictions that affect pedestrians in Portland, and
- maintaining and periodically updating the Portland Pedestrian Design Guide and Pedestrian Master Plan.
Qualified individuals must:
- be a resident of or own a business in the City of Portland,
- have an interest in promoting the use of walking for transportation and recreation, and
- commit to attending monthly meetings and participating in the work of the committee.
Applications are due by 5 PM Thursday, April 18, 2013.
The PAC strongly encourages applicants to attend PAC meetings prior to the application deadline to see the PAC in action and understand its operations. Applications will be accepted by email, fax, postal mail or in-person.
The PAC membership application, information about the PAC and meeting times are available at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/34964.
Send completed applications to Pedestrian Coordinator April Bertelsen. She may be reached at 1120 SW Fifth Avenue, Room 800, Portland, OR 97204 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Her phone is 503-823-6177 and fax is 503-823-7609.