This news release is available online.
Cornelius Pass Road closures for paving in May
Monday, 4/29/13 - 4:19 pm
Contacts: Mike Pullen, Communications Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-209-4111
Multnomah County plans to close NW Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd. on the first three Fridays in May to complete emergency paving repairs. An increase in construction near Hillsboro has added some 200 – 300 additional heavy truck trips a day to the road. The additional traffic has worn the pavement to the point that potholes will form, creating a safety hazard.
The road is scheduled to be closed to through traffic on May 3, 10 and 17, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting.
During the road closures, crews will:
- Mill and repave worn areas
- Repair and clean traffic signs
- Trim vegetation in the right of way
- Replace missing reflectors in centerline
During the closures, through traffic can use one of these alternate routes:
- Cars: NW Cornell Road, NW Germantown Road, NW Logie Trail Road, NW Newberry Road, or NW Old Cornelius Pass Road, via NW Skyline Blvd.
- Trucks: Highway 26
- Trucks with Hazardous Cargo: Interstate 5 south to Highway 217 north to Highway 26
Access to the closed section of Cornelius Pass Road will be provided for local residents, school buses, and emergency vehicles. Local residents should carry proof of address to ensure access.
Flaggers will direct traffic across Cornelius Pass Road at NW Skyline Blvd.
Multnomah County maintains this section of Cornelius Pass Road and more than 300 miles of roads and bridges. For more information, visit www.multco.us/roads.
# # #
Mike Pullen | Multnomah County Communications Office | 503-209-4111 | newsroom | twitter |facebook