The City Council presents Spirit of Portland Awards each year to individuals and groups who make a difference to the greater community. Please nominate an individual, business, organization, neighborhood or business association that has created a project, service or event that has helped Portland shine!
Spirit of Portland web page
Spirit of Portland awards ceremony date
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
East Portland Community Center
740 SE 106th Ave.
Trimet: #15 and #20 busses
How do I nominate someone?
Award recipients will be chosen based on meeting all six of the following criteria
- Assisting in the implementation of outstanding projects
- Enriching and revitalizing our community and neighborhoods
- Providing the community with a special service
- Demonstrating responsiveness, creativity and civic values
- Raising cross-cultural awareness
- Acting as good steward of the environment
You don’t need to specify the category. The selection committee will pick the category that best fits your nominee and their activities including:
- Neighborhood Association
- Business Association
- Emerging Community Leader
- Independent Spirit
- Community Stewardship
- Environmental Stewardship
- Community Harmony
- Outstanding Partnership
- Outstanding Organization (nonprofit and/or business)
- Attach a one-page written narrative along with the nomination form. The Selection Committee will not review additional pages.
- Please address all six criteria listed above in your written narrative.
- Use a 12-point font or greater.
- Award winners in the past are less likely to win, unless involved in a new project. Check here for past winners between 1985-2012.
Deadline for submitting nominations is 4 pm, Friday, September 20, 2013
Send completed nomination forms to
USPS: Office of Neighborhood Involvement, 1221 SW 4th Avenue, Room 110, Portland, Oregon 97204
ADA or ESL accommodations
To help ensure equal access to programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities and/or for those for whom English is a Second Language. Call 503-823-5284 or TTY 503-823-6868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance with accommodations.
We will soon be posting the nomination form in Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Somali, and Vietnamese at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/oni/29024
Paul Leistner: 503-823-5284 or email@example.com
Patrick Owen: 503-823-3921 or firstname.lastname@example.org