Registered community parties happening between Friday July 29th and Sunday August 7th, 2016 receive these benefits:
- Your party is placed on a list given to the Portland Police Bureau and Portland Fire & Rescue. Police officers and firefighters visit the parties and bring their cool gear and vehicles. Kids love it!
- If you will have a band or amplified sound at your party, you will not need to apply for a noise variance. We take care of that for you. The Noise Control Office issues a blanket noise variance for National Night Out events.
- If you want to close down your street for your party, the Bureau of Transportation will help you through the application process, and waives some of their fees.
- If you want to hold your party in a City park, and the party is the official National Night Out party for the neighborhood association, park reservation fees are waived.
- We help you publicize your party through our website and small community newspapers if you desire. We also publicize the citywide event via major news media outlets, and through a kickoff event a few weeks before National Night Out.
- Local businesses, such as grocery stores, print shops, and sign makers, are often willing to donate goods and services to official National Night Out parties.
- We provide assistance to party hosts, such as ideas for great community-building party activities.
Party registration begins June 7, 2016 and ends July 19, 2016. You can register or get advice at the registration webpage, or by calling 503-823-4064.