Division Streetscape Project Update: October 31, 2013
Environmental Services and the Bureau of Transportation are working together to improve a deficient transportation corridor, make the sewer system more reliable and add green infrastructure to treat stormwater and make sewers work more efficiently, and improve watershed health.
WHAT WE’VE HEARD FROM YOU
During design and through construction we have heard concerns from businesses along SE Division Street about how construction might impact their holiday business. To address this concern, there will be a limited holiday construction moratorium in place for the Division Streetscape Project. The moratorium will apply only to Division Streetscape Project work. Private construction may still continue.
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, November 22 and running through Wednesday, January 1, travel lanes, parking lanes and sidewalks will be open on Division from 11th Avenue to 13th Avenue, from 19th Avenue to 22nd Avenue, and from 30th Avenue to Cesar Chavez Boulevard.
Construction will continue in other areas along SE Division and on side streets. The city and the project contractor will continue to work with local neighbors and businesses to maintain access to properties and keep areas clean and safe throughout the holiday season.
Below is the estimated Division Streetscape construction schedule for the next two weeks.
Construction will move from one site to another as work on each segment is completed. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Week of November 4:
- Install lateral sewer connections and inlets from 28th Place to 32nd Avenue
- Pour curb, sidewalk and ADA ramps at 27th and Clinton
- Prep and pour curb, sidewalk and driveway on the north side of Division near 20th Avenue
- Excavate and pour green street facilities along north side of Division between 19th and 20th avenues
- Prep and pave intersection of 27th Avenue and Clinton (weather permitting)
Week of November 11:
- Connect to sewer manhole at Division and 35th Avenue, install new manhole and replace sewer main south on 35th Avenue
- Prep and pour curb, sidewalk, ADA ramps and green street facility at Tamarack and Division
- Prep and pave trench on 27th Avenue from Division to Clinton (weather permitting)
Other Work November/December:
- Install new sewer manhole at Division and 38th Avenue
- Install new public sewer line on 38th Avenue between Division and Clinton
As always, please follow the direction of flaggers and informational signs to ensure everyone’s safety.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
www.portlandonline.com/transportation/divisionstreetscape to see background information and block-by-block maps of the design. To receive email updates for this project, send an email to email@example.com with "Division" in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues, or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption near your residence or business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 1000, Portland, OR 97204-3713
Tabor to the River Program
This project is part of the Tabor to the River Program, which combines innovative stormwater management techniques with sewer repairs and improvements to stop basement flooding, manage stormwater more naturally, and to restore watershed health. The program area extends from Mt. Tabor to the Willamette River between SE Hawthorne and SE Powell boulevards.