Division Streetscape Project Update: January 9, 2014
Environmental Services and the Bureau of Transportation are working together to improve a deficient transportation corridor, repair and replace older sewers, add green infrastructure to manage stormwater and make sewers more efficient, and improve watershed health.
WHAT WE’VE HEARD FROM YOU
We have heard numerous concerns about trench patching on areas of SE Division. Now that the holidays are over, our contractor can begin maintenance on many of those temporary trench patches. Trench maintenance between SE 30th and 32nd may be delayed until February due to upcoming private contractor work in the roadway on SE Division. Crews will work to improve all locations as soon as possible. The final grind and paving of Division will be completed this summer.
Below is the estimated Division Streetscape construction schedule for the next two weeks.
Construction will move from one site to another as work on each segment is completed. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Week of January 6:
- Install manhole at SE 34th Avenue
- Repair lateral sewer connection near SE 31st Avenue and Division
- Install 30 feet of sewer pipe south on SE Division and 34th Avenue
- Topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facilities at SE 16th and 17th on Division
Week of January 13:
- Install manhole at SE 34th and Division
- Install storm drain pipe at SE 34th Avenue
- Install storm drain pipe at SE 37th Avenue
- Excavate, form and pour for stormwater facilities at SE 14th and SE 15th on Division
Week of January 20:
- Install storm drain pipe at SE 38th Avenue
- Install storm drain pipe at SE 28th Avenue
- Trench paving on Division from SE 35th to 38th (weather permitting)
- Paving of corners at SE Orange and Division
- Paving of corners SE 14th and Division
- Topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facilities at SE 14th and 15th on Division
As always, please follow the direction of flaggers and informational signs to ensure everyone’s safety.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
www.portlandonline.com/transportation/divisionstreetscape to see background information and block-by-block maps of the design. To receive email updates for this project, send an email to email@example.com with "Division" in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues, or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption near your residence or business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 1000, Portland, OR 97204-3713
Tabor to the River Program
This project is part of the Tabor to the River Program, which combines innovative stormwater management techniques with sewer repairs and improvements to stop basement flooding, manage stormwater more naturally, and to restore watershed health. The program area extends from Mt. Tabor to the Willamette River between SE Hawthorne and SE Powell boulevards.