Division Streetscape Project Update: February 4, 2014
Environmental Services and the Bureau of Transportation are working together to improve a deficient transportation corridor, repair and replace older sewers, add green infrastructure to manage stormwater and make sewers more efficient, and improve watershed health.
WHAT WE’VE HEARD FROM YOU
We have heard numerous concerns about trench patching on areas of SE Division. Crews have been working to make repairs to these areas. That work is nearing completion. Later this summer, the city will resurface all of SE Division from SE 11th Avenue to Cesar Chavez Boulevard.
Environmental Services will soon start work on another project that could affect the area. The Ivon-Madison project includes constructing two green street facilities at the corner of SE Division and 43rd. Construction is expected to start in mid February. Visit www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/446272 for more project information and to view maps and schedules.
Below is the estimated Division Streetscape construction schedule for the next three weeks. Construction will move from one site to another as crews complete work on each segment. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
Note: Work is currently taking place along the south side of Division.
Week of February 3:
- Topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facilities at SE 15th and Division
- Finish excavation of curb, sidewalk, ramps and stormwater facilities at 16th and Division
- Prep and pour concrete for curb, sidewalk, ramps and stormwater facility at SE 18th and 19th (southwest side) and Division
Week of February 10:
- Topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facilities at SE 16th and 18th and Division
- Prep and pour concrete for curb, sidewalk, ramps and stormwater facility at SE 19th (southeast side) and Division
- Excavate for curb, sidewalk and ramps at SE 17th and Division
- Install liner, topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facility at SE 19th (southwest side) and Division
Week of February 17:
- Install liner, topsoil, rock and matting for stormwater facility at SE 19th (southeast side) and Division
- Prep and pour concrete for curb, sidewalk, ramps and stormwater facility on Division at SE 20th and 21st
As always, please follow the direction of flaggers and informational signs to ensure everyone’s safety.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/DivisionStreetscape to see background information and block-by-block maps of the design. To receive email updates for this project, send an email to email@example.com with “Division” in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues, or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption near your residence or business, and open and honest communication with you throughout the project.
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 1000, Portland, OR 97204-3713
Tabor to the River Program
This project is part of the Tabor to the River Program, which combines innovative stormwater management techniques with sewer repairs and improvements to stop basement flooding, manage stormwater more naturally, and to restore watershed health. The program area extends from Mt. Tabor to the Willamette River between SE Hawthorne and SE Powell boulevards.