Hello neighbors of the SE 2nd, 3rd, 6th and Alder sewer repair project,
As you know, Environmental Services is working on a project in your neighborhood to repair aging and deteriorating sewer pipe, rehabilitate the intersection of SE 3rd and Alder, and install a relief structure on SE Alder between SE 6th Avenue and Grand designed to relieve the Alder street pump station during major rain events. As a result, the sewer in your area will function better, basement backups occurrences will be reduced, and the intersection of SE 3rd and Alder will be improved for vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians.
A project map and more information can be found on the project website, here: http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/447980
PROJECT UPDATES AND SCHEDULE
- Crews are nearly finished with the work on SE 6th and Alder. The road should be opened to through traffic in the next week or so.
- Work at the intersection of SE 3rd and Alder is nearly complete. Paving of the roadway is expected in the final days of February, weather permitting.
- Crews will be working on two remaining sewer laterals in the next few weeks. One is located on SE 3rd between SE Alder and Washington. The other is located on SE 2nd betweenSE Washington and Stark. There will be minimal traffic and parking impacts while this work is being done.
- The work on the sewer main lines on SE 2nd and 3rd is complete.
- Construction is expected to be complete in mid-March.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
- Typical work hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- There will be lane restrictions and closures with flaggers guiding traffic.
- You will have access to your property during work hours, but you may be delayed entering or leaving your street or driveway. Through traffic will likely be re-routed.
- On-street parking in or near the work area will be prohibited during work hours.
- Equipment and materials may be stored on nearby streets overnight.
- You will have sewer service at all times, even when work is near your building.
- A city construction inspector will be on-site during work hours, and may be able to assist you with construction concerns. Inspectors typically wear a safety vest and hard hat.
- Let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues or medical or business deliveries.
Please feel free to be in touch with any questions or comments. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this important sewer project.
Community Outreach and Information
City ofPortlandEnvironmental Services
1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1000,Portland,Oregon97204
Phone: 503-823-2827 l Cell Phone: 803-823-6615
Working for clean rivers
The Bureau of Environmental Services works with Portland residents and businesses to protect water quality, public health, and the environment through wastewater collection and treatment, sewer construction and maintenance, stormwater management, and stream and watershed restoration. Learn more at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes.