This news release is available online.
Release: June 16, 2014
Contact: Mike Pullen, Communications Office, 503-209-4111, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornelius Pass Road closures on Thursday, June 19
NW Cornelius Pass Road will be closed to through traffic between Highway 30 and NW Germantown Road on Thursday, June 19 from 6 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. for annual maintenance work. Work tasks will include:
- Lane striping and pavement markings
- Mowing vegetation near the shoulder
- Sealing pavement cracks near Skyline Boulevard
- Cleaning signs
During the closures, through traffic can use one of these alternate routes:
- Cars: NW Cornell Road, NW Germantown Road, NW Logie Trail Road, NW Newberry Road, or NW Old Cornelius Pass Road, via NW Skyline Blvd. Note that Cornelius Pass Road will be closed between Skyline and Germantown so through traffic will need to use an alternate route such as Germantown Road.
- Trucks: Highway 26
- Trucks with Hazardous Cargo: Interstate 5 south to Highway 217 north to Highway 26
- Access to the closed section of Cornelius Pass Road will be provided for local residents and emergency vehicles. Local residents should carry proof of address to ensure access.
- Flaggers will direct traffic across Cornelius Pass Road at NW Skyline Blvd.
Multnomah County maintains this section of Cornelius Pass Road and more than 300 miles of roads and bridges. For more information, visit www.multco.us/roads.
# # #
Mike Pullen | Multnomah County Communications Office | 503-209-4111 | newsroom | twitter | facebook