FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday Night: news media on deadline contact Cell: 503-577-7534
Portland Bureau of Transportation
PBOT releases rosters, schedules for
transportation funding workgroups
(July 11, 2014) The Portland Bureau of Transportation has posted the rosters and schedules of upcoming meetings for the workgroups that will advise on the Our Streets PDX transportation funding community conversation. While the meetings are open to the public, public testimony will not be taken. Comments and questions can be submitted to TUF_Administrator@portlandoregon.gov
Full schedules and rosters are available at www.OurStreetsPDX.com
Non-Residential, Business Stakeholder Workgroup
Businesses stakeholders will advise Mayor Hales, Commissioner Novick and PBOT on how to refine the non-residential portion of the Transportation User Fee to minimize negative impacts to the business community. This group will be chaired by Fred Miller, Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Portland.
First meeting: Monday, July 14, 3:30-5:00 p.m., Portland Building, Room C
Non-residential, Non-profit and Low-income Stakeholder Workgroup
Nonprofit and government partners will advise Mayor Hales, Commissioner Novick and PBOT on how to refine the non-residential portion of the Transportation User Fee (TUF) to minimize the impacts to non-profits and public institutions. This workgroup will also advise on how low-income discounts for the transportation funding proposal and discounts for existing water and sewer ratepayers can be more easily accessed by low-income Portlanders. This group will be chaired by Ruth Adkins, Board Member for Portland Public Schools and Policy Director for Oregon Opportunity Network.
First meeting: Tuesday, July 29, 3:30-5:00 p.m., Portland Building Room C
The City Council delayed a proposed Transportation User Fee on June 4, after five months of Our Streets PDX town halls, online surveys, advisory committee meetings and a five-hour public hearing May 29. Public outreach and community engagement will continue, leading up to a City Council vote, expected in November.
For more information about the Our Streets PDX funding conversation and the proposed Transportation User Fee, see the project web page: www.ourstreetspdx.com.
See updated information on the proposed fee the council amended on May 29:
- Updated online calculator: PBOT has updated an online calculator that estimates the monthly fee for residential and non-residential ratepayers. PBOT has updated the web calculator from the proposed $11.56 fee to the 3-year phase-in starting at $6 a month for single-family properties.
- Transportation User Fee rate details: Details on the way the fee is calculated, to help business owners find the right information.
- Frequently Asked Questions: This series of questions and answers will help the public learn more about why the fee was proposed and what it would pay for.
- Email us for more information at TUF_Administrator@portlandoregon.gov
- Talk about it on twitter, using hashtag #ourstreetspdx or see @pbotinfo