Division Streetscape Project Update: August 28, 2014
Environmental Services and the Portland Bureau of Transportation are working together to improve the Division Street transportation corridor, repair and replace older sewers, add green infrastructure to manage stormwater and make sewers work more efficiently, and improve watershed health.
Attention Hosford Middle School Parents and Students
Construction crews will be paving during the first week of school. This process involves large equipment and hot asphalt. Please be aware of the pedestrian detours that will be in place and obey the flaggers when crossing SE Division between SE 26th and SE 34th avenues. This process will last the entire first week of school and possibly into the next week.
Grinding and Paving Continues on Division
- 26th-34th avenues – Scheduled the week of August 25.
- 34th Avenue-Cesar Chavez Boulevard – Tentatively scheduled the week of September 8.
- Grinding and paving will occur during regular work hours, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturday.
- Get more information at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/491779.
- Go to www.trimet.org/alerts/index.htm for information about TriMet line #4.
During grinding and paving on SE Division Street, west bound traffic will use Division. East bound traffic will be detoured to SE Powell Boulevard at SE 26th Avenue. The city modified the original detour plan to redirect motor vehicle traffic to SE Powell Boulevard in order to avoid conflicts with pedestrians and cyclists using the Clinton Neighborhood Greenway. The Portland Police Bureau has agreed to provide additional traffic enforcement on SE Clinton during the detour period.
Below is the estimated Division Streetscape construction schedule for the next three weeks. Construction will move from one site to another as crews complete work on each segment. Please be aware that this schedule is subject to change due to conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
- 32nd Avenue and Division, southwest corner – form and pour ADA corner
- 31st Avenue and Division, southeast corner – form and pour ADA corner
- 37th Avenue and Division, northwest corner – modifications to stormwater facility
- Along Division – asphalt maintenance
- 26th to 34th avenues along Division – road grinding
Week of September 1:
- 26th to 34th avenues along Division – road paving
Week of September 8:
- 34th Avenue to Cesar Chavez Boulevard along Division – road grinding and pavingRemoving or reinstalling signage
Week of September 15:
- SE 31st Avenue and Division, southeast corner – finish excavation of the stormwater facility, install liner, place rock/check dams and install topsoil
- Planting will begin, weather permitting
- Excavate for tree wells
- Install bike racks
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Go to www.portlandonline.com/transportation/divisionstreetscape to see background information and block-by-block maps of the design. To receive email updates for this project, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Division” in the subject line.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have concerns such as business operations, disability issues, or medical or business deliveries. As always, we’ll strive to provide quick response to your concerns, minimal disruption near your residence or business, and open and clear communication with you throughout the project.
Note: For information on the Clinton Green Street and Sewer Project please visit the web page at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/Clinton.
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room 1000, Portland, OR 97204-3713
Tabor to the River Program
This project is part of the Tabor to the River Program, which combines innovative stormwater management techniques with sewer repairs and improvements to stop basement flooding, manage stormwater more naturally, and to restore watershed health. The program area extends from Mt. Tabor to the Willamette River between SE Hawthorne and SE Powell boulevards.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711.