2015 Spirit of Portland Awards – Nominations now being accepted through Friday, Sept. 11
The City Council presents Spirit of Portland Awards each year to individuals and groups who make outstanding contributions to our community. Please nominate an individual, business, organization, neighborhood or business association that has created a project, service or event that has helped Portland shine! Nominations will be accepted in an individual’s native language.
Save the Date! Spirit of Portland Awards ceremony
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Location TBD
How do I nominate someone?
- Step One: Complete the nomination form for the organization or individual you want to nominate. Find nomination forms here. Versions in English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, and Somali.
- Step Two: Submit a one to two page narrative describing how your nominee exemplifies any of the categories listed below and attach it to this nomination form. (See detailed descriptions on nomination form.) Use a 12-point font or greater. The Selection Committee will not review additional pages.
- Step Three: Submit this form with your narrative to the Office of Neighborhood Involvement, please see contact information below.
2015 Spirit of Portland Awards Category Descriptions
Outstanding Leadership Awards
- Outstanding Community Leader
- Outstanding Young Leader
- Individual Making a Difference
- Innovative City Leader Award
Outstanding Organization Awards
- Business Community Partner of the Year
- Community Group/Organization of the Year
- Neighborhood Association of the Year
- Organization Making a Difference
Awards for Outstanding Leadership or Organization
- Sandy Diedrich Environmental Stewardship
- Equity in Practice
- Award winners in the past are less likely to win, unless involved in a new project. Check here for past winners between 1985 and 2014.
Deadline for submitting nominations
- 4 pm, Friday, September 11, 2015
Send completed nomination forms to
ADA or ESL accommodations
To help ensure equal access to programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities and/or for those for whom English is a Second Language. Call 503-823-3093 or TTY 503-823-6868 or email email@example.com to request assistance with accommodations.
To nominate individuals and groups who make outstanding contributions to our community
Juliette Muracchioli at 503-823-3093 or firstname.lastname@example.org