The Office of Neighborhood Involvement, in cooperation with Neighborhood Associations and District Coalitions, will organize a committee to review these Standards four years after their adoption by City Council. Any party wishing to propose amendment(s) to the Standards may do so by submitting the proposed amendment(s) in writing to the review committee.
A. Composition of the review committee
All representatives shall be chosen by their organizations. The chair of the committee will be selected by the committee. The chair of the committee will be a volunteer representative. Positions on the committee are provided for the following stakeholders:
1. A volunteer representative of each District Coalition,
2. A volunteer representative of unaffiliated Neighborhood Associations,
3. At least one volunteer representing Business District Associations,
4. At least one volunteer representative of Portland's diverse communities,
5. At least one representative of District Coalition staff,
6. At least one representative of Office of Neighborhood Involvement
7. A representative of City bureaus other than the Office of Neighborhood Involvement, and,
8. The liaison to the Office of Neighborhood Involvement from the City Attorney's Office.
B. Public review and comment
The draft of the committee's revisions will be distributed to each Neighborhood Association, District Coalition, Business District Association, all City agencies, diverse community organizations in the Office of Neighborhood Involvement's database, other affected stakeholders who've requested to be notified. The review and comment period shall be no shorter than 60 days. At least one public hearing will be scheduled to receive oral and written testimony from all interested parties. The committee will then review the public comments and approve any final changes before referring amendments to the Commissioner-in-charge for approval. The Commissioner-in-charge shall then present to City Council for final review with a minimum of 45 days notice before Council action.