Construction is progressing well on the new bridges over Powell and adjacent sidewalks, which should be open this fall. Please note upcoming night and weekend activities:
Beginning the night of Monday, April 22, and continuing for about one week:
- Demolition retaining wallon the north side of SE Powell Boulevard, east of the railroad overpass.
- Powell Boulevard will be narrowed to one lanebetween 13th and 22nd avenues, with flaggers controlling the intersection at SE 21st Avenue.
- To minimize traffic impacts, this work will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. under a noise variance from the City of Portland.
During the weekend of May 17:
- Placement of girdersfor the new structures over SE Powell Boulevard.
- Full closure of Powell Boulevardbetween 13th and 21st avenues. The eastbound off-ramp to southbound 17th Avenue will remain open. Through traffic will be detoured to Holgate Boulevard via McLoughlin and Cesar Chavez boulevards.
- To minimize traffic impacts, this work will take place 24 hours a day starting at 8 p.m. Friday night through 6 a.m. Monday morning.
Please share this information with your neighbors and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Thanks in advance for your patience!
TriMet Community Affairs Representative
Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Transit Project
503-962-2116 – office
503-805-2193 – mobile
503-962-2222 – construction emergencies
Follow the Portland-Milwaukie Light Rail Transit Project:
trimet.org/pm | @PMLRProject | facebook.com/portlandmilwaukie