This news release is available online.
Wednesday, 5/8/13 - 5:03 pm
Contacts: Mike Pullen, Communications Office, 503-209-4111, email@example.com
Cornelius Pass Road closed May 10 & 17 for paving
Multnomah County plans to close NW Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd. on May 10 and 17 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to complete emergency paving repairs. Increasing truck traffic has worn the pavement to the point that potholes will form, creating a safety hazard.
During the road closures, crews will:
- Mill and repave worn areas
- Repair and clean traffic signs
- Trim vegetation in the right of way
- Replace missing reflectors in centerline
During the closures, through traffic can use one of these alternate routes:
- Cars: NW Germantown Road, NW Logie Trail Road, NW Newberry Road, or NW Old Cornelius Pass Road, via NW Skyline Blvd.
- Trucks: Highway 26
- Trucks with Hazardous Cargo: Interstate 5 south to Highway 217 north to Highway 26
Access to the closed section of Cornelius Pass Road will be provided for local residents and emergency vehicles. Local residents should carry proof of address to ensure access. Flaggers will direct traffic across Cornelius Pass Road at NW Skyline Blvd.
The work will be performed weather permitting. Multnomah County maintains this section of Cornelius Pass Road and more than 300 miles of roads and bridges. For more information, visit www.multco.us/roads or contact Mike Pullen, Communications Office, at 503-209-4111 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
# # #
Mike Pullen | Multnomah County Communications Office | 503-209-4111 | newsroom | twitter |facebook