This news release is available online.
Wednesday, 5/15/13 - 3:34 pm
Contacts: Mike Pullen, Communications Office, 503-209-4111, email@example.com
Cornelius Pass Road closed May 17 for paving
Multnomah County plans to close NW Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd. on May 17 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting, to complete emergency paving repairs. Increasing truck traffic has worn the pavement to the point that potholes will form, creating a safety hazard.
During the road closures, crews will:
- Mill and repave worn areas
- Repair and clean traffic signs
- Trim vegetation in the right of way
- Replace missing reflectors in centerline
During the closure, through traffic can use one of these alternate routes:
- Cars: NW Cornell Road, NW Germantown Road, NW Logie Trail Road, NW Newberry Road, or NW Old Cornelius Pass Road, via NW Skyline Blvd.
- Trucks: Highway 26
- Trucks with Hazardous Cargo: Interstate 5 south to Highway 217 north to Highway 26
Access to the closed section of Cornelius Pass Road will be provided for local residents, emergency vehicles, and school buses. Local residents should carry proof of address to ensure access. Flaggers will direct traffic across Cornelius Pass Road at NW Skyline Blvd.
The work will need to be rescheduled in the event of heavy rain.
Multnomah County maintains this section of Cornelius Pass Road and more than 300 miles of roads and bridges. For more information, visit www.multco.us/roads or contact Mike Pullen, Communications Office, at 503-209-4111 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mike Pullen | Multnomah County Communications Office | 503-209-4111 | newsroom | twitter |facebook