Phone: 503-823-PLAY (7529)
1120 SW Fifth Ave., Suite 1302, Portland, OR 97204
PP&R's Sports Office coordinates a wide variety of sports opportunities for all ages. Choose from baseball, softball, basketball, track & field, football, tennis, volleyball, and seasonal and competitive league sports as well as individual recreational sports. Volunteer coaches needed!
Athletic Field Services
503-823-1621 Shawn Lindsey, Mt Tabor Lead
503-823-3130 Chad Hoyt, Delta Park Lead
Field Staff: Dave Mendoza, Brad Widmer,Gary Pigman
503-823-5126 Rick Cantu, Sports Coordinator
503-823-5124 Jennifer Rounseville, Sports Coordinator
503-823-3112 Ron Boley, Delta Complex Manager
503-823-1656 Angie Pickron, Office Assistant
Field Closure Update:
Beginning today Monday October 7, 2013 all Sport Fields, with the exception of Gabriel Sport Field #2, will be available for Games & Practices.
With limiting of use over the past week along with reduced rain and an addition of some much needed sun PP&R is opening fields for both games and practices.
"Sport Fields" are those fields used for the following sports; soccer, rugby, lacrosse and football.
This includes those Portland Public School fields that have been permitted to Portland Parks and Recreation for use. It does not include High School fields or those fields not permitted to PP&R.
The following are exceptions to this rule:
1. Again, the following field is CLOSED for all play: Gabriel Sport Field #2. This field is still extremely wet. Continued play will cause significant damage to the fields and could cause serious injuries. Do not use this field.
2. Baseball and Softball fields will continue to follow standard Rain Out procedures. Be sure to call the Rain Out line (503-823-3020) prior to all use. Please familiarize yourself with the following standard Field Playability guidelines.
Playability can be determined by the user on-site by using these simple criteria:
1. Calling the rain out line at 503-823-3020 whenever you're in doubt.
2. If stepping on the infield produces more than a 1" deep and / or water-filled footprint, or when running produces the same result, play is not permitted.
3. If there is any doubt, always choose not to play. Failure to follow these guidelines can result in cancellation of permit and assessment of charges for damage to the field/s.
Portland Park’s Synthetic fields (Strasser & Buckman) remain open for use.
PP&R policy is that games take priority over practice on synthetic fields. Permits originally issued as practice may be pulled to make room for league games. Priority is as follows; PP&R programs, Portland Public Schools/PIL, In season Recreational Youth Programs, Recreational programs.
Cross Country training and meets may continue as long as the course does not cross onto athletic fields. PP&R reserves the right to cancel Cross country usage if that use creates damage to park property.
Again, we will credit back your account for any time lost due to the previous closures. Credits are assessed at the end of the season for league play (December 1.).
We will continue to monitor and evaluate field conditions on a daily basis.
Please contact the Customer Service Center at
503.823.2525 if you have any questions.