Wedding Sites & Permits
Wedding Reservations for 2015
We will begin taking wedding reservations on Friday, January 2, 2015. Doors open at 8:00am and we will begin answering phones at approximately 11:00am. Walk-in individuals will receive preference before phone calls.
Prior to January 2, please call the Customer Service Center to establish your customer account within our new permit/reservation system. Creating your account ahead of time will speed up the reservation process.
Also, please note the following:
- The Customer Service Center is located in the first floor lobby of the Portland Building, 1120 SW 5th Ave. Entry doors are on 5th Ave between Main and Madison. Several parking lots are available close by. Be aware that street parking directly around the Portland Building is limited to 15 minutes in the morning hours.
- Please bring your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preference for a wedding location and date, just in case.
- Be prepared to pay the Application Processing Fee required to hold your reservation. We accept payment by cash, check, and Visa/MC.
Our parks and gardens provide lovely settings for outdoor weddings. The City of Portland has over 180 parks that can be reserved for weddings and/or receptions.
- While weddings may be scheduled at a picnic site, receptions cannot be scheduled in a wedding garden (only the ceremony portion).
- City Code requires that a permit be obtained for any wedding in a public park where guests are invited. Permits are issued by the PP&R Customer Service Center located in the lobby of the Portland Building at 1120 SW Fifth Ave. Phone hours are 8:30 AM-5:15 PM, Monday-Friday: 503-823-2525 (fax 503-823-2515)
- Weddings are not permitted at the Japanese Garden, Pittock Acres or Portland International Raceway.
- Check the wedding brochure for locations, fees, policies, insurance, and reservation information.
For information on weddings at our municipal golf courses, contact each course directly at Portland Public Golf.