Jr Leader, grade 7-10
Welcome! SWCC has an amazing crew of 150+ Jr Leaders that volunteer in our youth programs and family events during the school year.
- New Jr. Leaders - sign up for a Training Camp during the first 6 weeks of summer and we'll get you started!
- Returning Jr. Leaders - You are not required to complete the training a second time, though you are welcome to register if you would like. Returning JLs should download or pick up a scheduling request form and turn it into the front desk. We will schedule each JL for 40 hours of volunteer service over the summer - 2 weeks of morning (9am-1pm) or afternoon (1-5pm) shifts. After all JLs have been scheduled, there MAY be an opportunity for additional weeks, but due to the number of volunteers than need placed, we cannot make any guarantees.
- Volunteer for Family Events! SWCC is recruiting volunteers to help with our family events throughout the year. Call 503-823-2849 to get signed up! Bigger events usually occur in October, January, February & April.
- Resources: Interested in becoming staff one day? Looking for great ideas for games and activities? Visit Camp Counselor Corner to find out more!
|Jr Leader, Grade 7-10
|Looking for something to do this summer? Gain leadership & volunteer experience in a supervised environment that enhances self-esteem, promotes positive self-image & develops the spirit of volunteerism. Training provides skills to work with youth in a recreation setting where upon successful class completion, Jr. Leaders may be placed as volunteers in summer camps, classes & events at Portland Parks & Recreation sites.
|Day/Time: M-F, 1-5pm; 4 day week, 1-4:30pm weeks of 6/18 & 7/1.
||Location: Meet in SWCC Lobby. Jr Leaders use Poolside, Pool Sun Deck & Gabriel Park.
|Staff: Shannon Scorgie, Jr Leader Coordinator & Instructor
- Jr. Leaders should wear closed toed shoes, weather appropriate clothing, water bottle and sunscreen.
- Handbook is provided at first class.
- Jr. Leaders need to complete Emergency Form. Summer Schedule Request forms will go home with each volunteer mid-week. Please bring them back on Friday.