Sports & Gym
- SWCC Open Gym Schedule: New! Women's Basketball on Sunday afternoon.
- SWCC Sports Events: Clinics, Skate Jam, $5 5K, Sunday Parkways & more.
- SWCC Class Flyers: Movement, Sports, Dance, Tumbling, Gymnastics, Skateboarding, Tae Kwon Do & more.
Table of Contents
Open Gym: Open to all ages
- Tuesday & Thursday, 5:30-8:45am
- Tuesday & Thursday, 12-2pm, half gym
- Friday, 5-9pm (half gym 5-7:30pm)
- Saturday, 2-7pm
- Sunday, 10-4pm (half gym 3-4pm)
Youth Basketball: 18 & under
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 3-5pm
Women's Basketball: 18 & up
Adult Basketball: 18 & up
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12-2pm
- Monday & Wednesday Team Play, 7:30-9:30pm
Adult Basketball: 30 & up
- Saturday, 7:30-9:30am
- Sunday, 4-6pm
Adult Volleyball: 18 & up
- Tuesday Rec Play, 7:30-9:30pm. Open for all skill levels to enjoy.
- Thursday Power Play, 7:30-9:30pm. For experienced players only; players should understand a 6-2 offense for Power Play.
|SWCC Indoor Park, Art Park & Inflatable Fridays - Monday Sept 30 - Dec 13, 2013 age: 9 mo-5 yr
|Children’s play is essential in the human development process! Indoor Park is a safe & cooperative playtime for children accompanied and monitored by parents. Encourages the development of motor skills while helping children gain confidence with group interaction & cooperative play on equipment, cars & assorted toys. Network with other parents for support & opportunities. Drop-In program.
Season: Fall, Winter & Spring
|Fri with Art Park!
- Babies under 9 months are Free
- Indoor Park will not run during Portland Public No School Days, Winter or Spring school breaks: 10/11, 11/8, 11/11, 11/25-29, 12/14-1/5.
- Indoor Park closed: June-September.
|Youth Basketball Leagues
|Little Hooper's Basketball League
||Grade: 1 & 2
- Dribble, pass, shoot & score! This entry-level league focuses on skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork & fun! Eight-foot hoops used & T-shirts included.
- Practice: Monday nights, 5:15pm or 6:15pm or Tuesday nights, 5:15pm or 6:15pm
- Games: Saturdays between 10am-2pm.
- This is a non-competitive, beginning basketball league geared to the developmental needs of 1st & 2nd graders. An information meeting will be held during the beginning of the first practice. Teams are co-ed & are established at the end of the first practices, mixing player abilities, gender, age and school. We will not keep pre-established teams together. Buddy forms are available for friends. Once teams are set, there will be no adjustments.
- Volunteer Coaches are needed. Contact email@example.com with interest.
- Free T-Shirt for every player.
|KBA Basketball League
||Grade: 3 & 4
Basketball - Rising Stars - Scrimmage Play
Age: 6-8 & 9-11
- Lace up those kicks & get into the game. Advance your skills to the next level in high energy practice & scrimmage. Small groups focus on fundamentals, sportsmanship, teamwork & fair play.
- Scrimmage Play: Practice and then scrimmage games are played on Monday Nights, Ages 6-8 at 5:15pm & ages 9-11 at 6:15pm.
- This program is a non-competitive, basketball scrimmage. With small groups, coaches are able to focus skill development during practice time while providing needed game play experience during the scrimmage portion.
|Youth Soccer Scrimmage
|Soccer - Indoor Allstars - Scrimmage Play
||Age: 6-8 & 9-11
- Dribble, shoot $ score a goal! Build teamwook and focus on developing skills such as passing & trapping in entry-level scrimage games. Stay dry & play inside.
- Scrimmage Play: Practice and then scrimmage games are played on Tuesday Nights, Ages 6-8 at 5:15pm & ages 9-11 at 6:15pm.
- This program is a non-competitive, soccer scrimmage. With small groups, coaches are able to focus skill development during practice time while providing needed game play experience during the scrimmage portion.
Download (PDF Document, 171kb)
Need more individualized attention? Develop skills, from beginning to advanced, in a one-on-one or small group setting. Work with your personal coach developing and improving your basketball skill and ability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player, let us help you reach your personal goals.
- Ages: All - We have skilled coaches ready to work with preschoolers through adult.
- Schedule: Personalized schedule based on your request and the availability of coaches and gym space.
- Coaches: Coach Blaine (right) & Coach Darryl
Call 503-823-2847 or email Tim at Tim.Haberman@portlandoregon.gov for more information or to schedule your Private Coaching Session. Complete the Private or Semi-Private Basketball Coaching Request form and turn it in to the front desk to get started!
|3 Sessions, 45 minutes each
||$75* / Person
||$45* / Person - Sign up with a friend and SAVE!
- *30% fee increase for non-residents of the City of Portland
- Sign up with a friend and save! Group session size maximum of 3 participants.
- There is not a fee for rescheduling a Coaching Session with a minimum 24 hours notice. Cancellation fee may be assessed with less than 24 hours notice or a no show for the sesson.
Need more individualized attention? Develop skills, from beginning to advanced, in a one-on-one or small group setting. Work with your personal coach developing and improving your skateing techniques and ability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced rider, let us help you reach your personal goals.
- Ages: All - We have skilled coaches ready to work with young children through adult.
- Location: Gabriel Park Skate Park or indoors at SWCC.
- Schedule: Personalized schedule based on your request and the availability of coaches.
- Coaches: Coach Boomer; Coach Sean will be back starting in May.
- Forms: All participants will need to complete a lesson request form (Private or Semi-Private), Emergency Form & Skateboard Participation Agreement. Please bring them with you to the first session.
- Skateboards & Pads: SWCC has skateboards and pads that can be checked out for lessons, classes and camps. Contact Jamie at the information below to reserve your equipment.
Call 503-823-2847 or email Tim at Tim.Haberman@portlandoregon.gov for more information or to schedule your Private Coaching Session. Complete the Private or Semi-Private Lesson Request form and turn it in to the front desk to get started!
|1 Hr Skate Session
||1.5 Hr Skate Session
||$28* / Person
||$40* / Person
||$18* / Person
||$25* / Person
Kickstart Package - for the brand new skater: 2, 90-minute Private Lessons, $70.
- *30% fee increase for non-residents of the City of Portland
- Sign up with a friend and save! Group session size maximum of 4 participants.
- One and a half hour sessions are recommended for new skaters and provide an overview of skateboard safety, use of pads, and question/answer period for parents.
- One to two hour sessions are recommended for returning skaters.
- In case of inclement weather, we will move indoors if a space is available, or reschedule. Please be in contact with the coach or SWCC and make sure he is notified at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled lesson if you decide not to attend.
- Cancellation fee may be assessed with less than 2 hours notice or a no show for the lesson.
- Lesson Request Forms: Private or Semi-Private
Download (PDF Document, 337kb)