Sports & Gym
- SWCC Open Gym Schedule: New! Women's Basketball on Sunday afternoon.
- SWCC Sports Events: Clinics, Skate Jam, $5 5K, Sunday Parkways & more.
- SWCC Class Flyers: Movement, Sports, Dance, Tumbling, Gymnastics, Skateboarding, Tae Kwon Do & more.
Table of Contents
Open Gym: Open to all ages
- Tuesday & Thursday, 5:30-8:45am
- Tuesday & Thursday, 12-2pm, half gym
- Friday, 5-9pm (half gym 5-7:30pm)
- Saturday, 2-7pm
- Sunday, 10-4pm (half gym 3-4pm)
Youth Basketball: 18 & under
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, 3-5pm
Women's Basketball: 18 & up
Adult Basketball: 18 & up
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12-2pm
- Monday & Wednesday Team Play, 7:30-9:30pm
Adult Basketball: 30 & up
- Saturday, 7:30-9:30am
- Sunday, 4-6pm
Adult Volleyball: 18 & up
- Tuesday Rec Play, 7:30-9:30pm. Open for all skill levels to enjoy.
- Thursday Power Play, 7:30-9:30pm. For experienced players only; players should understand a 6-2 offense for Power Play.
|SWCC Indoor Park and Art Park - Monday, Sept 29 - Friday, Dec 19, 2014 age: 9 mo-5 yr
|Children’s play is essential in the human development process! Indoor Park is a safe & cooperative playtime for children accompanied and monitored by parents. Encourages the development of motor skills while helping children gain confidence with group interaction & cooperative play on equipment, cars & assorted toys. Network with other parents for support & opportunities. Drop-In program.
Season: Fall, Winter & Spring
|Fri with Art Park!
- Babies under 9 months are Free
- Indoor Park will not run during Portland Public No School Days, Winter or Spring school breaks: 10/10, 10/29, 10/30, 10/31, 11/10, 11/11, 11/27, 11/28 Last Day: 12/19
- Indoor Park closed: June-September.
|Park Star Leagues
|Basketball League - Park Stars
||Grade: 1 & 2
- Dribble, pass, shoot & score! This entry-level league focuses on skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork & fun! Eight-foot hoops used & T-shirts included.
- Practice: Monday nights, 5:15pm or 6:15pm or Tuesday nights, 5:15pm or 6:15pm
- Games: Fridays, 6-8pm.
- This is a non-competitive, beginning basketball league geared to the developmental needs of 1st & 2nd graders. An information meeting will be held during the beginning of the first practice. Teams are co-ed & are established at the end of the first practices, mixing player abilities, gender, age and school. We will not keep pre-established teams together. Buddy forms are available for friends. Once teams are set, there will be no adjustments.
- Volunteer Coaches are needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with interest.
- Free T-Shirt for every player.
|Basketball League - Park Stars
||Grade: 3 & 4
Download (PDF Document, 171kb)
Need more individualized attention? Develop skills, from beginning to advanced, in a one-on-one or small group setting. Work with your personal coach developing and improving your basketball skill and ability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player, let us help you reach your personal goals.
- Ages: All - We have skilled coaches ready to work with preschoolers through adult.
- Schedule: Personalized schedule based on your request and the availability of coaches and gym space.
- Coaches: Coach Blaine (right) & Coach Darryl
Call 503-823-2847 or email Tim at Tim.Haberman@portlandoregon.gov for more information or to schedule your Private Coaching Session. Complete the Private or Semi-Private Basketball Coaching Request form and turn it in to the front desk to get started!
|3 Sessions, 45 minutes each
||$75* / Person
||$45* / Person - Sign up with a friend and SAVE!
- *30% fee increase for non-residents of the City of Portland
- Sign up with a friend and save! Group session size maximum of 3 participants.
- There is not a fee for rescheduling a Coaching Session with a minimum 24 hours notice. Cancellation fee may be assessed with less than 24 hours notice or a no show for the sesson.
Need more individualized attention? Develop skills, from beginning to advanced, in a one-on-one or small group setting. Work with your personal coach developing and improving your skateing techniques and ability. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced rider, let us help you reach your personal goals.
- Ages: All - We have skilled coaches ready to work with young children through adult.
- Location: Gabriel Park Skate Park or indoors at SWCC.
- Schedule: Personalized schedule based on your request and the availability of coaches.
- Coaches: Coach Boomer, Coach Chris or Coach Travis; Coach Sean is available May-Sept.
- Forms: All participants will need to complete a lesson request form (Private or Semi-Private), Emergency Form & Skateboard Participation Agreement. Please bring them with you to the first session.
- Skateboards & Pads: SWCC has skateboards and pads that can be checked out for lessons, classes and camps. Contact Jamie at the information below to reserve your equipment.
Call 503-823-2847 or email Tim at Tim.Haberman@portlandoregon.gov for more information or to schedule your Private Coaching Session. Complete the Private or Semi-Private Lesson Request form and turn it in to the front desk to get started!
|1 Hr Skate Session
||1.5 Hr Skate Session
||$28* / Person
||$40* / Person
||$18* / Person
||$25* / Person
Kickstart Package - for the brand new skater: 2, 90-minute Private Lessons, $70.
- *40% fee increase for non-residents of the City of Portland
- Sign up with a friend and save! Group session size maximum of 4 participants.
- One and a half hour sessions are recommended for new skaters and provide an overview of skateboard safety, use of pads, and question/answer period for parents.
- One to two hour sessions are recommended for returning skaters.
- In case of inclement weather, we will move indoors if a space is available, or reschedule. Please be in contact with the coach or SWCC and make sure he is notified at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled lesson if you decide not to attend.
- Cancellation fee may be assessed with less than 2 hours notice or a no show for the lesson.
- Lesson Request Forms: Private or Semi-Private
Download (PDF Document, 337kb)