Park Star Leagues
Basketball league January 30th- March 18th.
Basketball League - Park Stars: Dribble, pass, shoot & score. It's a bucket! Build confidence & self-esteem in this non-competitive, entry level league held an encouraging environment. Focuses on skill development ball handling, passing, teamwork & sportsmanship through team play!
Futsal Leagues - Park Stars: Dribble, shoot & score a goal! Build confidence & self-esteem in this non-competitive, entry level league held in a safe environment. Focuses on teamwork, passing & trapping in these entry level games. It's a goal!
- Participant Ages: Grade K-4 participants must be 5, 6, or 7 years old on September 1st, 2016. Grade 3-4 participants must be 8 or 9 years old on September 1st, 2016. If you have questions about the age specifications, please contact the site that the practices are held at.
- Gender: Coed
- Uniform: Team T-shirts will be provided by the first game day. Participants should wear their team T-shirt to each game day. Closed-toe athletic shoes are required in order to play; Soccer cleats are recommended for outdoor soccer.
- Parent Meeting: An informational meeting will be held during the first practice. Code of Conduct pledges will be provided for coaches, athletes and parents.
- Game Schedule: Schedules for games will be provided at the second practice and will also be posted here on the website.
- Parent Volunteers are Needed: Check in with your coach. Parents are often recruited to be with players on the sidelines and assist as needed. If you are interested in volunteering as a coach, please contact the site that you would prefer to volunteer with.
- Late Registration: registration will be accepted through the 3rd practice.
Did you know Portland Parks also has Goldenball Basketball and Volleyball Leagues with team registration?
Check it out - there might be a team near you!
Community Center Contact Information