Thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond and System Development Charges, a new Portland Loo will be installed to replace the portable toilets in Wilkes Park. Wilkes Park is located at 3655 NE 154th Avenue.
Project Update, September 9, 2016:
- Construction is starting soon! The contractor will be putting up construction fencing and signage in late September, with shovels in the ground by the beginning of October.
- Expect much of the park area from the park’s entrance at NE Beech Court between the play area and the basketball court to be fenced off and closed to the public. We hope to be able to keep the basketball court and play area open for play during construction. See map for more information on park access.
- NE Beech Court will remain open. Contractors will use this street to access the worksite.
- Please note there will be no public access into the park from NE Beech Court during construction. Access to the basketball court can still occur through the Village Garden Apartments driveway, and access to the play area will be available from NE 154th Ave.
- Construction is anticipated to last about two months, with completion in early November.
Gary Datka, firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 823-5574
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, email@example.com, (503) 823-5593
- Fall 2015 - Winter 2015: Design, Public Involvement, and Permitting
- Spring 2016: Bidding
- Late Summer 2016: Construction
- Fall 2016: Anticipated Loo Opening
To receive project updates, sign up here.
Access to park will be limited late September - early November 2016