Thanks to funding from the Parks Replacement Bond and System Development Charges, a new Portland Loo will be installed to replace the portable toilets in Parklane Park.
Parks presented three possible locations on November 12, 2015, for the voter-supported Loo installation and received input from the community. Notes and site alternatives from that meeting are available here.
- Fall 2015 - Winter 2015: Design, Public Involvement, and Permitting
- Spring 2016: Bidding
- October - December 2016: Construction
- December 2016: Anticipated Loo Opening
Project Update - October 2016
Construction is starting soon! The contractor will begin setting up fencing and signage in early October, and construction will start shortly after that.
- The gravel pathway directly behind the play area will be closed for the duration of the construction.
- The asphalt pathway from SE Main Street at approximately SE 152nd Avenue into the park just past the swing set will also be closed.
- The swings and play area should be able to remain open for public use during construction. However, ADA access will be interrupted. Please contact us if this creates an issue for you and your family at 503-823-5593 or email@example.com.
To receive project updates, sign up here.
Gary Datka, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-5574
Public Involvement Coordinator
Maija Spencer, email@example.com, 503-823-5593