Thanks for checking out this page! If you are interested in any of the opportunities below, please call our office at 503-823-3601.
Wish List / Supplies We Need:
- Give us your wood! No seriously, we go through a lot of wood cookies each year! If you have a branch fall off a tree in your yard or know of any wood that is about 2 to 4 inches in diameter, please send it our way - or call us and we can come collect it.
- We are always in need of kid-sized mittens (or gloves) and hats.
- Metal spoons are a hot commodity too since they tend to get left behind after a digging session.
Your Time is Valuable! Can You Share It?
- Become a Ladybug Walk Volunteer Leader and help connect our youngest participants and their families to nature in the city. Ladybug Walks occur on Friday mornings year-round. After taking the training and passing a background check, we then allow you shadow a few walks until you are ready to lead on your own. Visit the Ladybug Walk page if you would like to learn more about the walks.
- Make wreaths in our cozy greenhouse and make it easier for children to come to nature camps & classes! Wreath season (mid Nov to mid Dec) is always a busy time for us. Each year we create wreaths from the trimmings of Parks trees to raise money for scholarships. Come lend a hand at the green house at Mt. Tabor Yard and enjoy the wonderful fragrances! Our 2014 Wreath Season begins Sunday, Nov 30th - get more information here!
- Do you have sewing skills? A few of our precious Ladybug Backpacks are in need of repair. Please call Chrissy at 503-823-1149 for more information.
- Help a young adult apply for natural resources internships at a Resume Writing Workshop. The teens you would be helping are graduates of our GRUNT and Youth Conservation Crew programs and 58% speak English as a Second Language.