Updated December 9, 2016, at 4:20pm
Friday, December 9, 2016
- All athletic fields, including artificial turf, are closed, The artificial turf fields should be playable for permitted Saturday 12/10/16 soccer games.
- Community Music Center - Early childhood music and senior piano and theory classes are cancelled. All after-school activities from 2:30PM on are expected to run as normal.
- East Portland Community Center - Registered classes and preschool classes are cancelled. The music recital scheduled for tonight is cancelled. But the center is open for visits and drop-in activities.
- Charles Jordan Community Center - Classes beginning at noon. ParkStars basketball league games will be played tonight.
- Hillside Community Center - Building is open, though the parking lot is closed at this time due to ice. All preschool classes are cancelled, after-school programs are available at this time.
- Laurelhurst Dance Studio - Closed for the remainder of the day due to a power outage.
- Multnomah Arts Center - No registered classes or activities held today; center is open until 9:30pm.
- Matt Dishman Community Center - Open for drop-in activities and classes beginning after 12:00pm. Swim lessons are cancelled. Drop-in family swim is available.
- Montavilla Community Center - Open at 12:00pm. Staff notes icy conditions around the building.
- Peninsula Park Community Center - Open and operating on normal schedule. Theatre youth will be performing 'The Lion King' at the Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center this evening. ParkStars league basketball games are being held tonight at Charles Jordan Community Center.
- Sellwood Community Center - Preschool cancelled today. Piano class is cancelled. Please call the center for the latest on skateboard class.
- Southwest Community Center - Open for drop-in activities, all classes are cancelled.
- St. Johns Community Center - Open and holding all classes and drop-in activities.
Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Goldenball “Jitters Jamboree” basketball games are canceled. We hope to reschedule the 12/10/16 games for next Saturday, 12/17/16. Coaches and parents can also check sports pages for specific program cancellations.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
WHERE TO FIND CLOSURE INFORMATION
- Listen for your local public school closures or late start information on the radio, television, or online news feed.
- Follow Portland Parks & Recreation on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute information.
CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
- If Portland area public school districts (Portland, Parkrose, David Douglas, Reynolds, and Centennial) are on a late start because of weather conditions, all morning Portland Parks & Recreation classes and activities in those same school districts are cancelled.
- If Portland area public school districts (Portland, Parkrose, David Douglas, Reynolds, and Centennial) are closed because of weather conditions, Portland Parks & Recreation classes and activities in those same school districts are cancelled.
- Some community centers and pools may be open for drop-in activities. Call the specific facility for information and opening/closing times.
- If inclement weather is forecast on weekends or holidays, call the Portland Parks & Recreation facility or program for operating hours and activity cancellations.
PARKS, NATURAL AREAS, TRAILS
- As time permits -- closures, delays or detours on trails are posted on the Trail Closures page and also posted to Twitter and Facebook.
- Never walk on frozen ponds or other water features. You never know how thick the ice is or how deep the water is below.
- In cold temperatures, 'black ice' can easily be disguised when left behind by melting snow or rain. People traveling by bike or on foot should use caution and be safe.