Due to the inclement weather, all Portland Parks & Recreation offices and community centers will be closed on Thursday, December 8, 2016. All classes and events are cancelled.
WHERE TO FIND CLOSURE INFORMATION
- Listen for your local public school closures or late start information on the radio, television, or online news feed.
- Follow Portland Parks & Recreation on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute information.
CLASSES AND ACTIVITIES
- If Portland area public school districts (Portland, Parkrose, David Douglas, Reynolds, and Centennial) are on a late start because of weather conditions, all morning Portland Parks & Recreation classes and activities in those same school districts are cancelled.
- If Portland area public school districts (Portland, Parkrose, David Douglas, Reynolds, and Centennial) are closed because of weather conditions, Portland Parks & Recreation classes and activities in those same school districts are cancelled.
- Some community centers and pools may be open for drop-in activities. Call the specific facility for information and opening/closing times.
- If inclement weather is forecast on weekends or holidays, call the Portland Parks & Recreation facility or program for operating hours and activity cancellations.
PARKS, NATURAL AREAS, TRAILS
- As time permits -- closures, delays or detours on trails are posted on the Trail Closures page and also posted to Twitter and Facebook.
- Never walk on frozen ponds or other water features. You never know how thick the ice is or how deep the water is below.
- In cold temperatures, 'black ice' can easily be disguised when left behind by melting snow or rain. People traveling by bike or on foot should use caution and be safe.