We assign community garden plots to new gardeners March - August. Garden plots are assigned on a first come, first served basis. If no plots are available in the garden(s) you select, you will be put on a waitlist and notified when one becomes available.
1) Select your interest in one or two garden sites.
2) Choose a plot size.
- ADA Accessible Raised Bed = $20
- Starter Plot (50 sq ft) = $12.00
- Single Plot (100 sq ft) = $25.00
- Standard Plot (200 sq ft) = $50.00
- Double Plot (400 sq ft) = $100.00
A starter or single-sized plot is recommended for beginning gardeners and/or families of 1-2 people. Standard-sized plots are good for families of 2-3 people, and double-sized plots are more appropriate for large families or groups and experienced gardeners. Scholarship assistance is available. If you would like to donate to the scholarship fund, you may do so through the Portland Parks Foundation website.
3) Fill out the Garden Plot Request Form.
4) We will confirm your interest via email or phone in February.
5) Agree to the Community Garden Policies & Procedures.
In the meantime, check out our calendar for volunteer opportunities. You could also get involved with our nonprofit volunteer partner, Friends of Portland Community Gardens to stay connected with Portland's community gardens in a way that helps to fund more community gardens in Portland.